Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

keith ginter just hit a 3 run bomb off milwood

really interesting career. he had 2 seemingly decent seasons for milwaukee, playing regularly, then basically fell off the face of the earth. i guess those steroids wore off. https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/ginteke01.shtml
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

phils up 4-3 b4, runner at 3rd with 1 out, jimmy k's and there are boos

he wasnt having an amazing season in 03 but never forget how racist people are
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

god the phillies were really good with abreu-thome 3/4. you could neutralize them a bit with a loogy but its arguably better than utley-howard was.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 02, 2020, 09:19:33 PM
keith ginter just hit a 3 run bomb off milwood

really interesting career. he had 2 seemingly decent seasons for milwaukee, playing regularly, then basically fell off the face of the earth. i guess those steroids wore off. https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/ginteke01.shtml

Funny.  One really terrible half-season and he never got another sniff of the big leagues.  Didn't exactly tear up AAA, though.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 02, 2020, 08:44:42 PM
Quote from: AO1 on April 02, 2020, 08:10:10 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 02, 2020, 07:49:13 AM
Jamie Moyer was 44 years old when he helped the Phillies clinch the NL East the last game of the season in 2007. Nearly 13 years later, no one else in the starting lineup that day has turned 44.

Game was on Comcast yesterday. The crowd shots in the beginning when the Mets score at the stadium would update were amazing

Put the game on YouTube tonight.  Ahhh... those dulcet tones of one Harry Kalas.  We were spoiled for so many years.

Update:  I miss Jimmy Rollins.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 02, 2020, 08:23:02 PM
found an august 2003 phils/brewers game to rewatch

pat burrell with the bleached hair. tyler houston (!) at 3rd. waste of space kevin millwood on the bump. geoff jenkins in his prime-ish for the brewers. here we go.

Houston was such a jackass. He wanted to fight Bowa and was such a problem in the clubhouse

MDS

most recent proposal:

playing all game across the different ST sites and chase field in arizona

QB Eagles

Seems like a very weird plan where everyone involved with the teams is cordoned off at hotels away from their families.

You gotta figure that it's easier all around to just wait an extra month or whatever beyond when the AZ plan would start, and carry things out much closer to normally.

MDS

the other thing that wasnt mentioned in this....its 1000 degrees in those parts of arizona during the day. so can play a mets/phils game in mesa at 400 arizona time to hit 700 eastern? if you wait to sundown its 1000. chase field cant do more than 3 games.

yeah i dont see it

Geowhizzer

I'm not sure any of this is really new news, but it was tweeted out today.

https://twitter.com/phillysport/status/1250575834341130241

MDS

i believe that was revealed shortly after it happened

brings up a good life lesson. dont do coke and fly a plane.

General_Failure

I mean, if that's the way you want to go...

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

i miss sports so much that i actually watched 2008 phillies highlights last night.

one of my favorite live moments ever was brett myers' 9 pitch walk against cc sabathia in the playoffs.  i was in front row of the left field bleachers for that, then victorino crushes a grand slam right into our section after. i've never been in a crowd of people that went as crazy as that.

Don Ho

Matty with the blasts from the past!  Just watched that the other night.  As corny and generically white as it was the "CC sucks" chants were priceless.  Pineapple Heads grand slam, I remember just running around the house like a madman (only to soon be replaced by Rollins game winning hit against Broxton a year later)  I think I called Sea Biscuit the minute it happened and couldn't even talk.  I think he thought I was a representative from the Call Center in Mumbai.  I was going nuts.

Game 4 @ Milwaukee with Jimmy's "Get the farg out of here" first inning blast followed by Burrell's two exclamation points later in the game and his Charles Manson "tonight we're going to kill people" piercing glare as he rounded the bases, beautiful.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

random youtube clip came across my suggested. its gary sheffield hitting 2 bombs against the phils in 1997. first mark leither, then reggie harris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWNSPYL2n1g

it was mid july and the phillies had 25 wins. i miss baseball.