The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Off a few blocks if this is accurate
QuoteThis location would be on Market Street between 10th and 11th street. They would have to demolish a block of the Fashion District Mall, formerly The Gallery, to make that happen.

https://6abc.com/amp/philadelphia-76ers-new-arena-fashion-district-76-place-sixers/12064802/

QuoteThe effort would be privately funded and is anticipated to cost $1.3 billion.

"We are not seeking any funding from the City of Philadelphia," the developers say.

This should be the standard going forward. Lurie held the cities feet over the coals for funding the Linc now dudes a multi billionaire.

ice grillin you

Nah it's going to be below that....I bet it goes up in a parking lot at like 9th and the south side of market....I think it's amazing.....imagine rolling out of a hotel going to the oyster house and then walking six blocks to the game instead of having to get a Lyft down to the god forsaken sports complex
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I drive and park like a normal person

ice grillin you

you drive to trash....eagles and Phillies are the tailgate people...sixers deserve better than that wasteland

Rome

10th & Market according to the article. 

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 21, 2022, 09:40:45 AM
you drive to trash....eagles and Phillies are the tailgate people...sixers deserve better than that wasteland

Usually go to xfinity live, south Philly to my buddies or somewhere in the wfc to pregame. I'm excited for a basketball only facility. The Flyers can have the wfc I just hate the location and see no need to shoehorn a stadium into an already heavily trafficked part of the city. But I guess Philly wants to copy ny/msg.

ice grillin you

The east side of market is shtein til you hit olde city

PhillyPhreak54

I like the idea is stadiums in cities - but just for baseball and basketball/hockey. Even though our sports complex is nice because it's all right there - walking out of a ballgame and going bar hopping or grabbing dinner and then walking to your hotel or whatever is nice.

And yes private funding is the way to go. I respect them for that. States and cities need to stop funding stadiums.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on July 21, 2022, 09:18:42 AM
I drive and park like a normal person

this is the consensus reaction from the suburbanites though its much more coded in or outright bigotry. you can take a train itll honestly be easier and cheaper.

i think its great. like havas mentioned that area is crap. between 13th st where the macys is (and my agency's office that i worked out for a whole 2 months pre covid) and IDH, its mostly garbage. discount stores like marshalls and ross, chainish places like iron hill. nothing that anybody would ever want to go to. now they have something. not only that, id assume theyre going to close off market between 9th and 11th, maybe the 00 block of 10th, as well. that will be cool to go to/come out of a game to a packed city street and not a dumpy parking lot. you can set up vendors and different shtein on the street, people will be out hustling with pretzels and weird philly shirts. cant not like that.

god forbid if they even a title imagine the scene
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I must be one of the few who loves taking the regional rail into the city. I'd pimp you out for enough cash to build one in this godforsaken city.

I take it from Paoli and love not having to drive down and worry about parking and traffic.

SD

I hate Philly's public transit system. I like leaving and getting in my own vehicle and going home rather than catching a train then driving from the station. No reason to add extra steps in your commute. I'd hope Philly would upgrade their public transit system to meet the demand but I'm not holding my breath.

MDS

you can drive to FTC and take the blue line right to the arena, its 10x easier than schlepping down to the center. people are so used to their cars.

septa does suck royal dong but ive never had an issue leaving a phils/eagles game...they always got mad trains and expresses. they have 10 years to prepare for this but im sure theyll mess it up.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 21, 2022, 11:21:12 PM
I take it from Paoli and love not having to drive down and worry about parking and traffic.

i never understood why more people dont think like this...i live here and hate driving here. bike and public trans >>>
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

If you ever used rail travel in an actual first world country you'd love it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

this whole center city thing is a farce anyway.  they're putting the new stadium in Camden and are only doing this so they can say we tried but the city wouldn't cooperate.