2022-2023 76ers... Breaking our Hearts Again

Started by Geowhizzer, August 14, 2022, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm sad Pat Bev is gone

And yeah Cam Payne has a dumb face

Rome

Matt being concerned that the next couple of months *might* be frustrating as a Sixers fan could be the understatement of all-time.

My only question is when isn't it frustrating?

As for Buddy Hield, he looked like a perennial all-star lock when he was younger, but dude has had some bad luck injury-wise.  I'm sure he'll fit in perfectly with the Sixers in that respect.   

phattymatty

That Springer move is a real head scratcher. Dude played pretty well guarding hall of famers recently.

I thought for sure these were all building up until to some big trade that would make them all make more sense but no.

ice grillin you

there was no big trade to be made...like who of significance got moved...they were cooked this season once jo got hurt....they gave up nothing of value no first round picks and no cap space...they are primed for this summer which will also have no one of value available to them...sixers will not sniff a title in my lifetime and probably not in any of yours
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Not surprising. What's he got left?

Still hate getting rid of Pat Bev and Springer

phattymatty

Looking at their roster now it's still probably a net positive compared to before the trade deadline.  Pretty solid top 9 rotation actually. Buddy-Jojo combo will be nice but yeah none of it really matters because I doubt Jo plans again this year.

I just wish they got rid of Tobi.  He is somehow more painful to watch every game.

phattymatty

Man I wish embiid wasn't a cripple because this is the best buddy has looked in the league. Him Maxey and Jojo would be a deadly combo.

phattymatty

The whole rest of the season is going to be brutal but this next week is going to be especially brutal. 

MDS

now that phillies spring training is here we can pretend this discarded IVF embryo of a team doesnt exist
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep - they have no shot until Jo comes back.

SD

Woj said late March team wants to get him back on the court...get some games...be ready for the playoffs. I hope Harris just gets injured at this point. What a bum.

phattymatty

yeah how many times can you dribble into the lane and just get stuck.  every farging time.  I despise watching him out there. 

worst part about all of this is after the trades and shtein this really is the most sensible surrounding cast around jo.  too bad it's another wasted season.