Let's all talk about our experiences smoking weed. That'll be farging great.

Started by Diomedes, May 09, 2008, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

what better time.  Money is needed, it'll be the new booze
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

if corporations for their hands on weed, do you know how horrible it will become to smoke?

i'd take illegal and natural over legal and filled with shtein.

Diomedes

Imagine the ad campaigns, the brands they'll dream up, the different flavorings.  What a nightmare.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

isn't jersey taking this to the state today for legal medical marijuana?

If the Fed's make marijuana legal, how long do you think it would take for farms/growers to get up and running? I don't think it will all be garbage pot. Hell you'll always have the dank, it won't disappear.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on February 24, 2009, 11:27:23 AM
if corporations for their hands on weed, do you know how horrible it will become to smoke?

i'd take illegal and natural over legal and filled with shtein.

Given the massive backlash against tobacco companies for doing that I'm not sure that you're right about this. Plus, making 1/3 of the US population into criminals for smoking pot is ludicrous. The reduction in marijuana-distribution-related crime alone is enough to justify its legalization. Add in the reduction in wasted government money and the tax the country can collect on the production of a new cash crop and there is no logical sense in keeping it illegal.

I doubt the quality or safety of the product would be decreased and, as with alcohol or cigarettes, I'm willing to pay a tax to have the illegal-drug risk/stigma removed from usage.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Plus, just like with tobacco and cigarettes (and produce), you will be able to pay more to get "all-natural" or "organic" shtein.

Diomedes

you're willing to pay 50 bucks an ounce tax, rjs

imagine what that figure would rise to over the years if it gets established as the base? 

farg that...assuming it wouldn't get me put in jail, I'd actually go to the trouble to grow my own rather than pay that much tax
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on February 24, 2009, 11:46:26 AM

imagine what that figure would rise to over the years if it gets established as the base? 

farg that...assuming it wouldn't get me put in jail, I'd actually go to the trouble to grow my own rather than pay that much tax

If anything, the tax will go down over time. They can propose massive taxes on it now because it is treated as a federally illegal drug. But whatever. The answer is yes, I would be willing to pay it. I'd rather not, but if the country can make some scratch off of legalizing the herb why would anyone complain?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I would start smoking weed again if legal and would be glad to pay "sin" taxes on it.

The reason I don't smoke now is that the career and legal ramifications aren't worth the high.  Throw those out the window, and I'll be higher than a kite twice a month at least.

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on February 24, 2009, 11:46:26 AM

You'll need a special $500,000 license to grow your own.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

so if I grow my own for my own consumption, I'm still a criminal

typical

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Do you know anyone that grows their own tobacco?

PoopyfaceMcGee

They all got beaten down by evil tobacco corporations.

But actually, yes, I do.  NC represent.

General_Failure

Okay, so the guy in tobacco country grows some. Is it legal for you to do so?