The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

The one kneeling was the FedEx employee.  Was. 

And now the champions of At Will employment cry about unfairness and freedom of speech.

Turns out, you're free to be a provocative deplorable piece of shtein, and your boss is free to fire you for it.  'Mericuh!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

https://twitter.com/DaShawnWSOC9/status/1270779744490065921

Who could have guessed that the head of CrossFit would be a crazy person? Who, I ask you. https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1270469679312711680

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Rome

I cannot adequately express how bigly that restriction will be ignored by the cousin fargers who follow that shtein down here. 

General_Failure

We're going to see a huge upswing in Confederate flag tattoos that say some stupid Cool Guy shtein.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i dont know whats been better the last few weeks...seeing racists get knocked the farg out or seeing them get exposed and lose their jobs

SD

Never start shtein in flip flops

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 11, 2020, 07:52:49 AM
i dont know whats been better the last few weeks...seeing racists get knocked the farg out or seeing them get exposed and lose their jobs

For me its the latter.  Someone else will get that job.  Maybe a person of color, maybe just a person who isn't a deplorable.  What's more, the next time an employee is spotted at a KKK rally, the precedent is set:  he must also be fired.   Not exactly revolutionary change, but once you're banning the Confederate flag at your properties, and firing Chauvins, you can't go back.

Punching out Nazis is fun but they don't learn shtein from it and you still end up having to shoot them eventually.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

tangential question:  the :CF filter changes the URL of that link...but when I click on it, I still get the intended article, with a URL that shows correct spelling of the obscenity...HOW!?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on June 11, 2020, 08:07:40 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 11, 2020, 07:52:49 AM

For me its the latter.  Someone else will get that job.  Maybe a person of color, maybe just a person who isn't a deplorable.  What's more, the next time an employee is spotted at a KKK rally, the precedent is set:  he must also be fired.   Not exactly revolutionary change, but once you're banning the Confederate flag at your properties, and firing Chauvins, you can't go back.

Punching out Nazis is fun but they don't learn shtein from it and you still end up having to shoot them eventually.

this is exactly where i always end up...but theres always a few seconds of feeling bad for a family who loses their possible bread winner...especially during these economic times

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on June 11, 2020, 08:23:06 AM
tangential question:  the :CF filter changes the URL of that link...but when I click on it, I still get the intended article, with a URL that shows correct spelling of the obscenity...HOW!?

Depends on the website being linked, and how they handle their articles. The numbers at the end are the only part after the last slash that actually matter in this case.

Munson

City of Wilmington is taking down statues of Columbus and Caesar Rodney.

Columbus should have been taken down a long time ago. Rodney is going to be a much more interesting debate. Hero of the Revolution in Delaware. Owned slaves, freed them on his death bed.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds