The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If you were black you'd probably be a bullet-ridden corpse decomposing in the ground right now. 

SD

smeags

Quote from: SD on June 28, 2017, 04:24:52 PM
Quote from: smeags on June 28, 2017, 03:22:31 PM
penndel or middletown by chance ?

Close...Bensalem

I didn't know Bensalem was doing that as well. I know about penndel first hand, I got caught up in their speed limit trap scam years back which the town supposedly got caught up in a class action suit about.

white people problems and such.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

I got a ticket for 'speeding' in front of the Rita's in Penndel on old Lincoln Highway. Is that part of the class action lawsuit? I went to court and plead to 5 miles over the limit to avoid the points. I was doing 49 in a 35.

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on June 28, 2017, 02:59:33 PMI usually don't act like an ass

You were hardly acting like an ass if your description of the incident is accurate.  I wouldn't give them shtein either.  Even though I'm as white as you get, I was raised understanding who cops are and what they do.  People forget that the counterculture hippies were regularly targeted by cops for harassment, assault, etc.  I came from that kind of crowd, and knew that you couldn't count on the cops to be fair, just, or even professional.  Minorities aren't the only people been raised to fear, avoid, and mistrust the cops.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

SD - good story and good job doing that. It's a power and money grab hence the tow trucks lined up.

There was video awhile back of an attorney who was also driving for Uber and he was in somewhat of the same situation and he videoed it which pissed them off and he was told it was illegal to video cops. Which we know isn't true but the cops didn't realize they were farging with a lawyer at first. And as an aside I'd be surprised if the GOPeers don't pass some sort of law about filming cops.

Anyways the cop got suspended or fired I can't recall which.

Phoenixville used to do DUI checkpoints and I was pulled over at one and I voiced my displeasure. Here in houston they stand under the u-turns lanes under the highways and pull people over for the whole safety and security shtein which is disguised as checking inspection stickers.

Diomedes

Before this turns into a hatefest on cops...there are good ones too.  I go to a particular WaWa all the time.  There's a young guy, plain clothes, full sleeves, who I've seen there a bunch.  He's got a full beard and a presence.  Not a large person, but he's confident or at least projects it well without coming off like an icehole.  Polite, etc.

A couple weeks ago he's two people ahead of me in line.  I'm not paying attention.  I'm thinking about how I'm going to justify billing for my time that day.  (Side note:  No worries, I got paid.) 

I digress.  When I get to the register the chick is joking with her co-worker at the other register about how "he always tries to pay." 

Everyone knows cops get free coffee all over the place.  WaWa is open about it.  At least this one is. 

Being a pedantic, pompous, icehole, I pointed out to her that his behavior was a mark of character, and demonstrated his respect for the generosity of the ownership, and likely also for the power of corruption which comes from assuming privileges based upon your office.   What starts with a coffee becomes a sandwich becomes Lunch becomes the cashier being let off a DWI becomes blowjobs becomes...

The struggle is real.  This guy knows who Frank Serpico is.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Cops are trained to perceive anyone not wearing a badge as a threat.  They're poorly trained, psychologically ill-equipped and often have only a rudimentary education.

Are they ALL like that?  No.  But most of the ones I've met are arrogant iceholes.  In short, they're precisely the sort of people who shouldn't be heavily armed. 

PhillyPhreak54

I agree Dio.

A few friends are cops and they loathe the ones who sully their good work.

Which is why when the bad ones do get into trouble them being let off, whether from a sympathetic jury, a prosecutor not choosing to indict or from protection of their blue Wall it endangers and worsens the jobs of the good ones.

SD

I have a few friends who are cops. Its a tough job and I get that, so I usually play the model citizen when I interact with them. I draw the line when I feel my rights are being violated. If I'm doing something wrong, blow a red light (guilty), speed (guilty) and they pull me over I'm cooperative. I pay my fine, show up in court, make a deal with them before we see the judge, and no points are on my driving record. All good, I was breaking the law, the cops cut me a break they didn't have to. Hell even when I lived in San Diego I'd go to Tijuana the cops would let you off as long as you gave them a $20. But if I'm being detained because some icehole chief wants to do some random check farg that shtein. The one day I had to pick my daughter up from daycare. So now I'm stuck in this farging line of cars and getting my shtein checked for no reason while she's waiting for me. I had to call the daycare to tell them I'd be late.

I learned from a young age to not take shtein from dickhead cops.

I used to do the typical juvenile misfit shtein when I was younger. One night I was out with my friend around 2-3 AM. We just left a party and he was on a pay phone letting his gf know we were on our way. I was maybe 14 years old. So I ran around the side of the building to take a leak. Cop comes flying over in his car with the lights on. Starts giving me a bunch of shtein. Whatever I was in the wrong and didn't want to get into trouble so I took it. Well Mr Dickhead cop decided to go on a power trip, he goes over to my buddy on the pay phone and tells him to hang up. My buddy said no. So the cop grabbed the phone and hung it up. Then he said he's taking us both to Juvy. My buddy said what for for using the phone? The cop started ripping into him and my buddy gave it right back. So the cop puts him in handcuffs. He asks him his name, my buddy gives him his name and the cop almost shtein himself. My buddy's dad was a lawyer, he represented the police union. Dude farged up big time. This was 30 years ago, I don't think he was fired but I know he was reprimanded.

Eagaholic

I think it's fair to say that most cops don't boil down to good cops/bad cops. Many have a mix of both in them, have good days and bad, bend the law in small ways (like all of us) or maybe large, struggle with their demons, strive to be good parents, and some have nightmares that take a long time to fade away. Many deal with death and anguish on a regular basis, at times heroically and sometimes routinely, but rarely shrinking from that part of their duty. They do a necessary job most of the rest of us couldn't, especially depending on the locale and patrol. They have to make instant decisions in unpredictable situations with profound implications - and those decisions could determine if they or a partner get killed. They have a lot of enemies.

To Rome's point, I don't doubt in the least there are arrogant iceholes out there. The job has a particular allure for those who want to exercise power over others. No need to take years clawing your way up some corporate ladder or earning an enviable position in some hierarchy. A few months training and voila, you get a badge and have the full force and backing of government and law behind you. Some are arrogant iceholes and some are not, and some put that on as part of their cop persona they need to take command of situations. Some police work is complex and nuanced yet shoved down into a some neanderthal milieu to be dealt with. I won't go so far as to say they are really like us but in a high profile job - they are a breed apart in too many ways. But there is the same mix of motives and character other large groups have, just with a magnitude of intensity and consequence that amplifies the good and bad.

smeags

Quote from: SD on June 28, 2017, 04:39:33 PM
I got a ticket for 'speeding' in front of the Rita's in Penndel on old Lincoln Highway. Is that part of the class action lawsuit? I went to court and plead to 5 miles over the limit to avoid the points. I was doing 49 in a 35.

this was above that. right when you come into penndel going south. there was a speed limit sign at 45  and then another one that dropped to 30 within 50ft of each other. they would nail people not slowing down quick enough.

I griped about it but the cop changed the ticket to a non-points violation so I didn't care too much. I read later on that the town got popped on it. they since took that 2nd sign down.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

white supremacists marching all over the UVA campus...now chanting white lives matter around a statue of Thomas Jefferson...looking at the video it's crazy how many young people are doing it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I was just watching some of the videos of the little cowardly bitch Hitler youth during their gathering.

They even have militia fargs there

So....if a group of black people were "protesting" what would the thoughts of the righties be? And if they have assault rifles slung over their shoulders too? Tear gas and riot police?

Such a sickening sight. And no condemnation from president corksucker