The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

agreed i just think its inaccurate and unfairly marginalizes him when people say hes a left wing version of the right wing loons

id say hes to the left like paul ryan is to the right...not in bombast certainly but as far as where they fall on their respective piolitical spectrums....he definitely doesnt deserve to be lumped in with a steve king or louie gohmert
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

QuoteCongressman calls Obama a "tar baby"
Posted by: CNN White House Producer Becky Brittain

WASHINGTON (CNN) - In the heat of the political debate over the debt ceiling last week, Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-CO) may have crossed the line when he said that being associated with President Obama would be similar to touching a "tar baby".

"Even if some people say, well the Republicans should have done this or they should have done that, they will hold the President responsible," said Lamborn said Friday during an interview on a Denver radio station. "Now I don't want to even have to be associated with him. It's like touching a tar baby and you get, you get it, you know... you are stuck and you are part of the problem now and you can't get away."

Now critics are questioning his use of that term and are calling it highly offensive to the president.

The term "tar baby" is a reference to 19th-century Uncle Remus stories about Br'er Rabbit but has taken on a negative connotation towards African-Americans.

Lamborn spokeswoman Catherine Mortensen said the comments were a misunderstanding and he apologizes.

"Congressman Lamborn regrets any misunderstanding. He simply meant to refer to a sticky situation or quagmire," she said.

Rome

Even when these dipshteins are overtly racist they claim they're being misquoted or misunderstood.

Who in this country doesn't know that tar baby is synonymous with stillupfront?   Seriously, anyone?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on October 23, 2013, 08:13:20 PM
Even when these dipshteins are overtly racist they claim they're being misquoted or misunderstood.

Who in this country doesn't know that tar baby is synonymous with stillupfront?   Seriously, anyone?

Pretty much.  There are dozens of words and phrases that could have been used to deliver the same message that don't have racist ties to them.....such as, oh I dunno....sticky situation or quagmire. 

It's laughable that off all the options out there these farg tards keep "accidentally" using words and phrases with racial/racist ties.  This isn't the 1st time someone from the GOP has made this "mistake."   

ice grillin you

you either have never heard of the phrase tar baby or you know its connotation....theres no in between

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

http://m.walb.com/#!/newsDetail/23784990

Quote"Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. (Homosexual slur) do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours," the customer wrote. "We hope you will see the tip your (homosexual slur) choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD's love, but none shall be spared for (homosexual slur). May GOD have mercy on you."

smeags

amazing how these zealouts still lament this point that god is against homosexuality when truth be told the is not one mention in the bible that god or jesus is opposed to it.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

or the fact that there might not even be a god

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

General_Failure

God bless that man for not giving up his seat to homosexuals.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

General_Failure

QuoteIn a statement, his family said it cannot imagine the show going forward without him.

Well, damn. Now what am I going to not watch?

The man. The myth. The legend.