The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

For the same reasons Legendz said, Washington has got to be #1. The rest of the top five are up for grabs, but the takeaway, to me, is how many terrible presidents we've had

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on August 21, 2017, 08:57:31 PM
Re: Lincoln being pro-segregation etc: everyone is going to be a product of their time to an extent.   

Agreed.  But I think that it's safe to say that he wasn't quite the revolutionary or even progressive that history books kind of make him out to be.  He was ever so slightly ahead of the times when it came to social issues/equality regarding African slaves.  That's about it. 

But really, the point of my initial post was to point out the disperity it the way that people look upon the first 200 years of this country's history, specifically in regards to the way that we talk about the mass genocide and land stealing that took place with the natives.  Be pro-slavery = bad.  Preside over the murder millions of indigenous and steal their land and it's considered a land aquisition and celebrated. 

White washing history at it's finest.  Our natives are still by far the most poorly treated and represented people in this country.  Except my squaw.  I treats my squaw good. 

ice grillin you

QuoteGeorge and Amal Clooney have announced a partnership with the Southern Poverty Law Center to combat "bigotry and hate" in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The Clooney Foundation for Justice says that it will bestow a grant of $1m to the SPLC in order to assist the civil rights organization in its attempts to combat violent extremism in the US, following the death of counter-protester Heather Heyer at a white supremacist rally in the campus city earlier this month.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 21, 2017, 09:24:47 PM

White washing history at it's finest.  Our natives are still by far the most poorly treated and represented people in this country. 

bing-farging-o !
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I read that last night

Just an awful human being

PhillyPhreak54

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

Parked in the handicapped spot. Lost a foot to the beetus?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

nm

Tomahawk

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 16, 2017, 08:19:11 PM

Though I claim to be fb-free, I log in after events like Charlottesville to find out what "friends" I need to avoid IRL. I caught this video of Ilia Calderón, a reporter with Univision, interviewing the Imperial Wizard of the KKK on his property; I was terrified for her.

https://www.facebook.com/fusionmedianetwork/videos/1974242572861188/

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2017, 09:51:09 PM
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/900172397650874368

My god these people

Fake news is better than old news, bro

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on August 23, 2017, 08:57:40 PM
Parked in the handicapped spot. Lost a foot to the beetus?

lol probably

And the dude who posted it on Reddit said that the guy was open carrying a .45 in a shoulder holster.

South Texas baby!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 24, 2017, 12:04:23 AM

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 16, 2017, 08:19:11 PM
Though I claim to be fb-free, I log in after events like Charlottesville to find out what "friends" I need to avoid IRL. I caught this video of Ilia Calderón, a reporter with Univision, interviewing the Imperial Wizard of the KKK on his property; I was terrified for her.

https://www.facebook.com/fusionmedianetwork/videos/1974242572861188/

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2017, 09:51:09 PM
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/900172397650874368

My god these people

Fake news is better than old news, bro

Wonder if those two racist pigs would say the same thing if they were in south central?