Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Rome link=msg=1166099quote author=Rome link=msg=1166099 date=1687085348]Also - I read the set list from Billy Joel last night. Funny how the audience picked Captain Jack over New York State of Mind.  farg New York.  Lol.

Last show of his I was at he asked captain Jack or legend of Billy the kid. Crowd picked captain Jack. Think it's a running joke or something

Rome

He doesn't play it anywhere except Philly.  He hates the song.  Billy has always been a bit of a left-handed monkey wrench when it comes to his music. 

Diomedes

Please, let's continue the Billy f'n Joel fanboy discussion, it's fascinating.

Tools.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on June 19, 2023, 07:33:00 AMPlease, let's continue the Billy f'n Joel fanboy discussion, it's fascinating.

Tools.

Rather pathetic you didn't get a reaction with your first comment so you had to do a follow up for attention, douchebag.

Music is extremely subjective.

Here let's do this: name all the music we're allowed to talk about in Dio's Rock Shows sandbox thread.

Rome

Billy Joel is great.  Pretty sure DIO is just upset because Billy ditched Christie Brinkley, because how dare he.

Diomedes

Billy Joel is a relic, an animated corpse...you two are fogeys.

If theres no blood, puke, arrests, or babies concieved, it's not worth attending nevermind boasting about

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

We're all relics.   Something about Glass Houses applies here as well, I believe. 

General_Failure

You may be right.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

Got dragged to Tori Amos last night.  Thought I'd be bored but pretty kickass show. Never would have guessed I knew that many songs of hers.  Was haunted by the memories of several psycho college girlfriends but fun times.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on June 19, 2023, 01:16:55 PMWe're all relics.   Something about Glass Houses applies here as well, I believe. 

is it me or is there some juicy hypocrisy with a person is basically screaming get off my lawn about billy joel and then calling others, relics, fogeys etc ? 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

I mean, I am a fogey. 

BUT....after my 13 year old rickrolled me the other day, I've mentioned it to several other people of my generation--parents, some--and not one knew what I was talking about. 

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

he totally got me...sent a thing he knew I'd be unlikely to scrutinize/think I had to click and ....bam....never gonna give you up...

I was both proud and horrified at once

MDS

never been to the stone pony in beautiful asbury park, nj...really cool venue

caught the war on drugs there (who are as usual outrageously good), lucious opened for them, so did a few others. 5ish hours of music for about $50. cant beat it. great show.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I missed going to concerts with Covid being an issue, so I've been going to see bands in bars and whatnot lately. 

Going to see Morrissey from The Smiths next Saturday, Depeche Mode the following Tuesday, Phoenix in November and then Steve Miller Band in December. 

I should be pretty well over going to shows (not to mention humans) at that point.