Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

between that truck and your car you'll have an interesting garage

I'm buying a '96 F250 XL in a couple days.  Starting to need a truck for work if I want to make more money.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

It'll be a badass garage as I won't own a vehicle made within the last score and a half - the early '70s are the confluence of affordability, styling, and ability to work on it

The XL is the extended cab, correct? Even if not, you could put a plow on it and make even more money. Mr. Plow or Plow King would be good names for the company

Diomedes

Single cab, 8ft bed.  4.9L V6.  13mpg.  I guess I'll just register Republican now.  Anyone got an extra gun rack?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

V6's shouldn't be in full size trucks. I get 13-14 mpg. in a ram 2500 with a 5.9/360.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2010, 03:04:59 PM
Single cab, 8ft bed.  4.9L V6.  13mpg.  I guess I'll just register Republican now.  Anyone got an extra gun rack?
i have some old camo i can give you
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2010, 03:04:59 PM

This must be a mistake, they don't put V6's in F250's. Thats a 3/4 ton truck. Gotta' have at least the 351 cubic in.

Diomedes

yeah, my bad.  it's  4.9L I6

shorebird

Thats Ford's 300 ci. straight 6? Probably one of the most dependable engines ford has ever made, and the in line 6 cylinders give you a lot of torque and pulling power for no bigger than the engine is. Didn't know they put them in the 250's. I had one in a 150 4wd. It had the 4 speed on the floor with the granny gear. I could not get that friggen' thing stuck. Believe me, I tried.

Diomedes

yeah, I'm liking everything I read about the engine, and what can be done with it, except the gas mileage

Tomahawk

Diomedes

shorebird

shorebird

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2010, 02:21:31 PM
I'm buying a '96 F250 XL in a couple days. 

the environment thanks you for your support.

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 20, 2010, 03:00:45 PM
you could put a plow on it and make even more money.

this.  if nothing else, you'll scare the ish out of little old ladies when they see you pulling up in their rear view. 

QuoteMr. Plow or Plow King would be good names for the company

no.  plow-omedes on the other hand.....   nice. 

General_Failure

It might be a little long but What I Do To Your Wife would look good on a jacket.

The man. The myth. The legend.