Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

God farging dammit.

PhillyPhreak54

Piss poor AB by JT in the 8th and here we are.

Bonus bullshtein is having Hoskins of all people to first move and get picked off

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Oh my farging god.

Unreal.

MDS

you play with fire putting brad miller anywhere but 1B and welp there you go

theyre paying bryce all that money and need to DH him when they can because hes already damaged goods is the real lol
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Why not walk the dude there and go for a double play

Whatever

Great series at the plate, clowns.

Don Ho

Thanks for the 3 home runs at Wrigley Brad, that'll be the last we see or hear from you.

farg this offense.  4 hits.  Correct J, that JTR AB was as weak as they come.  Nelson was serving up free hits.

Danger Suarez the latest late reliever failure.

AND if that steal attempt by Slothkins was from the dugout, well, <insert deep gasp emoji here as I am out of explatives right now>
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

next 8 games AT HOME will tell all.  Sort of, kind of, maybe, weak ass pretenders or the real tire fire they are.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

guys i think the phillies may be hopelessly mediocre
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Yeah they're not bad. They're a .500 team. Just a bit worse than the Yankees who aren't worldbeaters either.

Their ceiling is finishing like 8 games above .500, stealing a terrible division, and getting smoked in the playoffs. Doubt they hit that ceiling though because the Mets pitching is a million times better, and the Braves and Nats are basically as good as the Phillies.

Geowhizzer

Yeah... the game's no longer on here.  What a clunker from Moore tonight.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

I don't even know what fwar is. Don't want to either.

MDS

fWAR is specifically fangraphs version of WAR which is different from what other people use. they factor in like FIP (which tries to subtract defense from what a pitcher does). its a dumb debate in the nerd baseball world.

basically the short of it is the phillies had the right idea but the wrong execution this offseason. they couldve added carlos rondon or anthony discalfini but they added chase anderson and matt moore. picked the wrong dudes.

Don Ho

Gee, haven't seen that the last 7-8 years, you know, picking the wrong guys.