Nick Sirianni - Head Coach

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 21, 2021, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The Philly hacks are all working overtime on the Fire Nick bandwagon. 

PhillyPhreak54

Sounds like it.

And they're going after AJ and just about everyone else too.

MDS

blame the media (jews) for all the problems in the world...if it wasnt for jeff mclane the eagles wouldve won!

(((they)))
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The beat is missing you, Todd. Get on it!

Diomedes

I'm fine with Nick.  Let's not run around firing everyone every two years.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I'm just surprised McLane is a Jew. 

Whoda thunkit?!?

Diomedes

You mean to tell us that you didn't know that the Jews run the media and that all people who complain about the media are anti-semites?

Probably makes you an anti-semite also, right Trodd?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

This period is a test for Sirianni, but failing the test doesn't seem like it would be a firing offense. It would be one strong piece of evidence going toward firing him in the future, if next year doesn't go well for him.

They did can Chip and Doug quicker than most people expected, so it's not out of the question though.

Philly fans (and media) aren't good at accepting that there's a gray zone between "everything is amazing"/"we love you" and "everything is horrible"/"fire this prick". But the truth is there's maybe five fanbases max that feel good about their team right now. 49ers, Ravens, Lions (only because of low expectations), Bears (only because they are trending up).... Texans maybe because of Stroud? Everyone else is farging miserable.

MDS

mclane is most certainly as gentile as it gets. nobody is more goyisha than hakkan maxwell though. NOOOOOBODY

sirianni is dunzo without
1. a monumental turnaround right here
2. pledging to overhaul the offense with outside help
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I have never been a fan of Sirianni but Pencil Dick Howie and The Theatre Usher can't go unscathed here. The lack of secondary talent that returned (once again we all know why No More Plays Slay and Crumbleberry were not snatched up) and the stubborness to acquire/draft quality LB's is now biting them in the ass.  Matt Patricia?  Need we even discuss that move.

Is this just Super Bowl defeat hangover by this organization?  Possibly but this all stinks to high heaven.   

Moments like this remind me of All the President's Men and Deep Throat (Hal Holbrook) meeting in the dark underground parking lot with Woodward (Redford):

QuoteThey bugged offices, they followed people, planted false press leaks, passed fake letters... they canceled Democratic campaign rallies, they investigated Democratic private lives, they planted spies, they stole documents... and now don't tell me that all of this was the work of little Don Segretti.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

The Patricia hiring more than anything should have been the first pull on Siriani's leash. He's a bum that is openly hated by someone that's supposed to be a big part of your defense. He brought nothing of value to the team, and has done nothing to stop them from cratering the season away now that's he's officially in charge of the defense.

The defense needs a complete overhaul. Howie's philosophy of spending all the money on the pass rush seems to hit a snag when receivers are wide farging open on every play.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on January 03, 2024, 10:22:51 PMThe defense needs a complete overhaul. Howie's philosophy of spending all the money on the pass rush seems to hit a snag when receivers are wide farging open on every play.

Even worse snag with that plan is when the expensive pass rush isn't good.

Don Ho

Jordon Davis is turning into a disaster, please remind us of the last significant thing he's done, anyone someone? and hopefully Carter just hitting the freshman wall.  Fletch, love the man but the end is here.  Sad shot of BG early in the game on Sunday on one knee on the sideline gasping for air. Sweat has been in witness protection program all season, well he has become the new "It's always him".  This has become the tragic fall from grace. 

Marcus Hayes called it last February, "losing Gannon isn't just bad news for the Eagles.  It is catastrophic.  Lurie and Roseman know it". 

Two words:

DENNARD WILSON

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

AJ's PC yesterday was good. He addressed everything and it seems like McLane and of course Marcus Hayes were wrong. I don't recall the last time Hayes was right about anything honestly.

The Seattle play was a player improvisation and Sirianni took the heat for it with the "we were going for a PI call"

And AJ mentioned the disastrous sequence from the AZ game (and Kelce did too on his podcast) and it was poor execution. Acho broke down the video and showed where the plays failed which was consistent with what AJ and Kelce said.

So I don't buy the fractured locker room talk that the Inky was putting out there. I believe what the players said about it being frustration with losing and zesty play.

phattymatty

Can't imagine any coach has ever been fired after an 11 or 12 win season. 

I'd probably give him one more season with new coordinators.