2014 Point & Laugh At The taterskins Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 12:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Haha wow I forgot about that one - I will search

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/taterskins/daniel-snyder-washington-taterskins-owner-still-struggles-to-find-formula-for-success/2014/01/04/5d86bfa4-74a4-11e3-bc6b-712d770c3715_story.html

Quote"The general manager needs to prevent the owner from hiring someone who's not qualified. And that's why Vinny is no longer here, to be truthful with you," Snyder said. "He's not here because his job was to prevent the owner from hiring a not-qualified coach."

QuoteShanahan hoped to acquire Marc Bulger, then the St. Louis Rams quarterback, according to two people familiar with the situation, but Snyder pushed hard for the higher profile and more marketable McNabb. The owner cut short a family vacation in the Turks and Caicos Islands to meet his new quarterback.

QuoteIn 2007, he had his heart set on drafting quarterback Brady Quinn out of Notre Dame. "It took a week or so to convince him that we shouldn't do that," one former staffer said. "Then he wanted Teddy Ginn," an Ohio State wide receiver. Quinn has played for five teams in seven seasons, while Ginn has started just five games in the past four years.

The next season, still in need of a wide receiver, the team targeted Oklahoma's Malcolm Kelly in the second round, though the medical staff had major health concerns. When they took Michigan State wideout Devin Thomas 34th overall before nabbing Kelly 17 picks later, they passed on Jordy Nelson, whom several others in the football operation preferred, according to someone who was with the team at the time.

Quotemultiple employees reported receiving bags of apples one year in lieu of holiday bonuses

QuoteSnyder had tired of defensive coordinator Mike Nolan's bland play-calling. "Too vanilla," he called it, and to illustrate the point, he left a gallon of ice cream on Nolan's desk. Nolan chuckled, but later that season, the owner still wasn't pleased and sent more ice cream, three five-gallon drums this time, with the note: "I wasn't joking. I do not like vanilla."

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24399121/taterskins-coach-search-jay-gruden-expected-to-emerge-as-top-candidate

Quoteleague sources said they expect him to interview at least one member of Chip Kelly's staff in Philadelphia. It will be likely either offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur or quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor, or perhaps even both.

PhillyPhreak54

This is why that fan base is a joke

QuoteI want a coach who wants to be a taterskin and die a taterskin. I want a guy that wants his name in the ring a fame at Fedex. I want a guy who wants a Bust in Canton Ohio. I dont want a coach that we have to beg or throw a bunch of money at to come and coach our team.

I want guy to connect with the Fan Base. I want passion and fire. I want leadership. I want guy who will stand up for his guys and tell the Media to go pack sand.

We get to caught up in X&O's.

General_Failure

"I want a guy who wants a Bust in Canton Ohio."

I can't keep up with these kinds and their lingo, but that's the filthiest thing I've heard all day.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Oh my farging God!  You can't even make up shtein like this.  Suddenly yesterday's loss is a little easier to swallow after reading this shtein.  "go pack sand"!  farging priceless.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/taterskins/will-robert-griffin-iii-help-or-hurt-the-next-washington-taterskins-coach/2014/01/06/a7e3be02-771b-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html?wprss=rss_taterskins

the hits keep on coming...lololol

QuoteBut according to insiders, Griffin's public campaign to have the offense altered for him was just the tip of his egotism in his second year. Behind closed doors, Griffin had fierce finger-pointing tensions with his wide receivers, and he bragged to teammates that he could procure favors from the owner and influence the franchise's direction.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

They plan on introducing Jay Gruden as head coach today

I love that hire for them because I think he's going to be terrible.  He wasn't a great OC at Cincinnati.  This has a Jim Zorn tenure feel to it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

smells more like david shula to me

but either way i cant see it ending well

SunMo

one of the nfl guys tweeted something like "Bengals fans are thrilled to see him go, Snyder got his "name" hire, and Bruce Allen gets his buddy back"

lol
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

What an awful hire. The Eagles had rumored interest in him last season...aside from hiring Billick I can't think of a worse candidate they interviewed.

ice grillin you

they also promoted a 27 year old to OC and kept haslett...meaning the new coach didnt get to pick either of his coordinators