Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Jewish/Hebrew restaurants are my favorite.

SD

Estia...atmosphere is unreal. The reason you travel to center city is to experience a place like this.

ESTIA CHIPS
Zucchini and eggplant fried crispy served with tzatziki

Could have eaten these all night. In fact my g/f and I are going to a show at the Mann, we're going here for drinks and apps before...we're getting these again. We both drank this muddled drink with bacardi, one of the best mixed drinks I've ever had.

PLAKI
Chilean sea bass slow baked in fish fume and tomato sauce with onions,
tomatoes, green peppers, carrots, potatoes, capers, and thyme

g/f ordered this...it's what I should have ordered. Luckily she's tiny so she doesn't eat much. I polished the rest off for her. Incredible dish.

TONOS
Sesame seed crusted yellow-fin tuna grilled rare served with horta, beets,
and almond skordalia

I had this, was really good. Nothing I'd ever order again but was

Overall I liked it, my g/f loved it.

PhillyPhreak54

Damn I'm a boring eater. Italian, American, Mexican and Peruvian is about all I'm good for. Chinese sometimes.

I tried Mediterranean once and it was ok. One of my customers family owns a place and I like a couple dishes. But I wouldn't go outta my way to go there

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 27, 2014, 08:59:16 PM
Damn I'm a boring eater. Italian, American, Mexican and Peruvian is about all I'm good for. Chinese sometimes.

MA
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2014, 07:18:56 AM
Damn I'm a boring eater. Olive Garden, Applebee's, Taco Bell and Eva Mendez's hoyda is about all I'm good for. Oriental Buffet sometimes.

MA

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2014, 07:18:56 AM

MA

No chance. I'm not a chain guy bubba

ice grillin you

MA isn't just chains...its also a hearty diet of meat and potatoes pasta tex mex chinese fried twinkies ect...

no super ethnic or "exotic" foods
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I don't like fried twinkies, Oreos, butter, snickers or anything like that.

I think eating South American food is certainly not MA.

But I'm not a big vegetable or fish person so that cuts a lot of stuff out

rjs246

Can we just take a second to marvel at the fact that we live in a time and place where someone can make a statement like 'I'm not a vegetable or fish person' and have it be totally within bounds?

For the entirety of human history, eating vegetables or fish or any goddamned thing you could get your hands on wasn't optional for people's delicate palates. Eat or die. Vegetables and fish were and are life-sustaining but we can dismiss them as optional.

This rant isn't really about Jay. My mom tells me all the time that she 'doesn't like water'. You know. Water. That thing that all life is based on? The one thing that literally everything on the planet needs? Water. She doesn't like it. Astounding.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

I was going to go for a "hope you get hit by a truck so you can be a vegetable person" joke, but that's just depressing.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on May 28, 2014, 09:04:01 PM
I was going to go for a "hope you get hit by a truck so you can be a vegetable person" joke, but that's just depressing.

That would have been corny. I know you've got better jokes than that. Lettuce have it.

MDS

ive been reading russell's posts for a decade

the hell
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Haha I'm sure Rome is loving the vegetable joke.

I don't get the water thing. Sure it can be boring sometimes but it's not like it has a foul taste like brussel sprouts or squash.

But then again people don't get why I'd rather eat a peanut butter sandwich than a plate of trout and broccoli

General_Failure

Some places do have zesty tap water, but that's fixed with a cheap water filter.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

True. Or bottled water.

Speaking of which -- I wonder if Matty drinks the tap water?