Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Some food court places are half decent, there's a chinese food place at the same food court that gives you 3 items for $6 and they're not half bad. I just figure with Mexican food it's hard to farg up but Philly blows for that style. This Puerto Rican chick I work with took me to this Mexican food spot near my work [Germantown] and it was still only half way decent.

SD

I don't know if you're into Caribbean style food like Jerk Chicken but there's this joint around the corner from my work that knocks it out of the park. I had this jerk chicken dish when I was in Seychelles that I never thought I'd taste again, this place might be better. Their sides are bangin too. I'll get the name of the place tomorrow.

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2013, 03:29:47 PM
lol at "authentic Mexicans"

Sometimes they'll try to trick you with some Puerto Ricans.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 13, 2013, 03:30:36 PM
Some food court places are half decent

i dont eat chinese food so i cant speak on that but NO
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im not sure if sd can tell the difference

vatos might have been el salvadorian or some shtein
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 13, 2013, 03:38:20 PM
im not sure if sd can tell the difference

vatos might have been el salvadorian or some shtein

I lived in San Diego for 10 years, I know an authentic Mexican when I see one.

General_Failure

They don't all wear knee high tube socks, you know.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Quote from: SD on January 13, 2013, 03:19:50 PM
There's a Mexican food joint in the city called 'The Mexican Post', I've heard mixed reviews. They put one in the food court at the Neshaminy Mall. Had to take my daughter there this morning for something stupid so I decided to check it out. Holy terrible. The only half way decent thing was the queso they put on their chips. The chicken was so dry I had to saturate it with sour cream to get it down my throat. Disappointing considering they had authentic Mexicans working there.

There's a Mexican Post up the road for me, only ever been there once and I enjoyed their wings.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on January 13, 2013, 04:49:08 PM
Quote from: SD on January 13, 2013, 03:19:50 PM
There's a Mexican food joint in the city called 'The Mexican Post', I've heard mixed reviews. They put one in the food court at the Neshaminy Mall. Had to take my daughter there this morning for something stupid so I decided to check it out. Holy terrible. The only half way decent thing was the queso they put on their chips. The chicken was so dry I had to saturate it with sour cream to get it down my throat. Disappointing considering they had authentic Mexicans working there.

There's a Mexican Post up the road for me, only ever been there once and I enjoyed their wings.

When we were in DE for Firefly we ate at a Mexican food place a few miles from the racetrack. Can't remember what it was called but the decor was pretty cool. Food was average.

ice grillin you

SD

Wanna grab some On The Border next time you're in the area?

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Who eats wings at a Mexican joint?!

Like going to a Chinese place and eating pizza and a burger

ice grillin you

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2013, 05:06:49 PM
Who eats wings at a Mexican joint?!

Like going to a Chinese place and eating pizza and a burger

I'll eat wings pretty much anywhere I go. It's actually fun ordering them at places that aren't traditional American food, see if they do anything different, which a lot of them do to try to keep it "ethnic".

I'm not a huge foodie, I don't have any desire to eat chinese or mexican or greek or italian or etc...give me some burgers, some wings, some steak, some pork chops, etc, and I'm a happy camper.

I think I tried some of my girls quesadilla when at The Mexican Post, and pretty much tasted like any other quesdilla I've ever had
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds