Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on May 22, 2023, 08:21:12 AMWait, video games?  I have no risk of contamination with the other three...please don't tell me they're backing Elden Ring because I've been spending a lot of time dying in that realm.

They have a stake in one of the companies that, through a subsidiary of that company, has a stake in the company that made Elden Ring. But that company is Chinese, and essentially owned by their government. There continues to be no ethical consumption under capitalism.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Watching golf after Tiger is like trying to watch TV after the wire
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

So getting killed repeatedly by vastly more powerful bosses is tantamount to supporting the House of Saud? 

Goddamnit, I hate this world.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Can someone explain to me why the Michael Block guy is everyone's favorite person at the moment?  From what I briefly saw, he's a local pro who had a great weekend and hung with the big guns or is there more to it?

MDS

Quote from: phattymatty on May 22, 2023, 11:50:44 AMCan someone explain to me why the Michael Block guy is everyone's favorite person at the moment?  From what I briefly saw, he's a local pro who had a great weekend and hung with the big guns or is there more to it?

hes a stand in in for the golf audience -- mediocre older white men who play golf because they cant/dont want to do anything else active (and also not be around women or coloreds)

so he gets to live out a dream and theyre living vicariously through him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Biggest golf fans I know are black.

What a world.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

some of my best friends are black, too
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on May 22, 2023, 11:50:44 AMCan someone explain to me why the Michael Block guy is everyone's favorite person at the moment?  From what I briefly saw, he's a local pro who had a great weekend and hung with the big guns or is there more to it?

basically a real life Tin Cup

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 22, 2023, 01:10:09 PM

basically a real life Tin Cup

found the person who saw Tin Cup

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

It's an exclusive country club

phattymatty

PGA lol.

Who would have guessed it was not really about the human rights issues?

Pretty amazing how quickly they caved. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 13, 2022, 02:51:39 PMAs bad as this Saudi tournament is, I can't help but notice that the media organizations / sponsors / golfers generating the most drama over it all have deep financial connections to the PGA. Don't think the word "sportswashing" would have even made the news if the Saudis invested directly in the PGA rather than starting a competitor.

Now we get a chance to test this directly. Will everyone who claimed to have human rights problems with LIV now express the same about PGA? Will people who boycotted LIV events now boycott the PGA Tour? Will the media organizations that kept trashing LIV now trash their partners at the PGA as sportswashers? You know my answers.

MDS

yea i think we know not a single thing will change there

the people who run sports leagues are some of the worst people in the universe...but now the golf people having shattered that ceiling. murders and terrorist sympathizers run golf now. the dudes that kill americans and protect the 9/11 terrorists. jerry jones and dan snyder look like boy scouts.

golf hatred upped to unprecedented levels now.

PhillyPhreak54

Welp..I haven't a clue as to what happened today so off to read I go.