TO finally speaks out.

Started by WEST is GOD, September 06, 2005, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

I was watching CSN sportsnite, and they had an interview with Michael Irvin and TO.

TO said:

- He doesn't hate Donovan, he loves Donovan. He was just disappointed in some things.
- He will talk to Donovan. (hinted that they would have some sideline fun in Atlanta) - When asked if it would be monday night TO said "You'll see, the camera is always on me."
- Admitted that Donovan and Hugh were 2 people he didn't talk to. He said he always had an open ear for players who wanted to talk to him.
- Said it may or may not have been his fault, but he is human and makes mistakes.

The locker room love has to wear on you eventually. This team has a lot of love. Also I think Donovan sticking up for TO with that horse collar tackle against the Bengals may have made TO come to realize that he is a good person again.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Sgt PSN

The optimist in me has always thought that once the season starts and there are more important things to worry about that this whole thing will blow over.  The pessimist in me says I'll believe it when I see it. 

While it would be nice and lovely to see TO and McNabb having fun on the field together, I really don't care as long as the team's winning. 

WEST is GOD

Whether you care or not, you have to admit it was hilarious monday night @ dallas, when McNabb and TO mocked the blowup at the Steelers game. It's entertaining when those two have fun. I like to be entertained, so it matters to me. The winning is the most important thing, but I like my sundaes with cherries on top.

phattymatty

I already put 10 bucks on TO and Donovan making poo babies by Week 5.

PhillyGirl

QuoteOwens Breaks Silence, Talks to Irvin

by Andy Schwartz
ComcastSportsNet.com

Terrell Owens plans to make up with Donovan McNabb.

It's just a matter of when.

But Owens plans to work things out with McNabb before the two play in the Eagles' season opener against the Falcons on Sept. 12 on Monday Night Football.

For the first time since he returned from his week-long dismissal on Aug. 17, Owens has spoke with a member of the media.

In an interview with ESPN's Michael Irvin, Owens said he hasn't refused to talk with his teammates, and he will at some point talk with quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I didn't turn a deaf ear to any of my teammates," Owens said. "If they wanted to talk to me, I talked to them. There wasn't any situation where a player came to me and I didn't talk to them. That's not true. Everybody made me look like I just didn't talk to any of my teammates, but that wasn't the case."

Owens cited McNabb and Hugh Douglas as two players with which he refused to speak. The three were involved in an altercation in the beginning of training camp. Owens doesn't has to worry about talking to Douglas, who was among the Eagles' final cuts.

As for McNabb, Owens will resume communication with his quarterback. When Irvin asked if he could succeed without talking with McNabb, Owens pointed to the preseason game against the Bengals, when he made five receptions for 131 yards, including a 64-yard TD, in the first half.

"Did you see the first preseason game? Then there you have it. But I will say, because the god is in me, I will talk to Donovan. At some particular point, the spirit will move me to talk to him, because that's just how I am," Owens said.

"It's not that I hate Donovan. I love Donovan. I don't hate him at all. I was just disappointed in a few things. I have the right to do that.

"Everybody speaks out of emotion. Everybody speaks out of frustration. Everybody's done. That means I'm human. If you want me to go in and say I was wrong, maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't."

Owens plans on talking with McNabb sometime before kickoff Monday night.

"I will. I will. You guys will see. It's not going to be a year-long thing. Leading up to this Monday Night game, things will get worked out," Owens said.

When asked to clarify that statement, Owens insinuated that viewers will be able to find out for themselves.

"The camera is going to be on me," Owens said. "Believe that."

When asked to elaborate further, Owens said,

"Wait till Monday night."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Funny, sit ups on the front lawn was breaking news and front and center IMMEDIATELY on ESPN.com.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Avenger on September 06, 2005, 11:31:07 PM
Whether you care or not, you have to admit it was hilarious monday night @ dallas, when McNabb and TO mocked the blowup at the Steelers game. It's entertaining when those two have fun. I like to be entertained, so it matters to me. The winning is the most important thing, but I like my sundaes with cherries on top.

Hell yeah that was funny.  I loved every second of it.  I taped that game and kept watching that particular 15 second clip for the rest of the week.  But like I said, if they don't revive that relationship, it's no sweat of my back as long as the team keeps winning. 

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 06, 2005, 11:33:33 PM
Funny, sit ups on the front lawn was breaking news and front and center IMMEDIATELY on ESPN.com.

TO being ration, reasonable and human just isn't headline news.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on September 06, 2005, 11:37:14 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 06, 2005, 11:33:33 PM

TO being ration, reasonable and human just isn't headline news.

It should be considering that's pretty abmormal behavior.........for TO. 

SD_Eagle5

Action speaks louder than words. I just hope they keep slipping him his meds till February.  :yay

TexasEagle

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 06, 2005, 11:45:04 PM
Action speaks louder than words. I just hope they keep slipping him his meds till February. :yay

Ditto that. I don't care if TO and Donovan rub each other down after practice or throw punches. Just Win Baby! :D

General_Failure

They've hired a trainer to sit in the bushes where PG takes minicamp pictures. He's got a tranq gun full of TO's meds. First sign of slippage and TO gets a dart in the neck.

The man. The myth. The legend.

WEST is GOD

What happens when TO finds the dart in his neck? What explanation do the Eagles give him?

Magical_Retard

atl should be really scared now!
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

pinoyboy2pt0

ESPN everything sucks.  Their magazine, their television channels, their merchandise.  Everything.

That's why I changed my homepage to TSN.ca.  (still part of the Disney ****ing network I know, but TSN is like ESPN before it got all crap-a-fied)
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)