farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

The thing that "scares" me about Orton is that Dallas might dumb down their passing game to short underneath routes, which is what the eagles have had the hardest time with all year.

EJ72

The best thing about Orton is he's 100% healthy and can get the ball out quick. He's only taken a few garbage time or relief snaps in two years so who knows how he'll perform after being given the reins? I'm just not that confident because he's taken so few snaps with this offense with these players.

Don Ho, we faced three straight backups, went 1-2 against them, barely squeaked by the third and that was against one of the worst teams in the league. I've had plenty of experience with this bunch of Jerry led morons ripping my nads off over the past eighteen years. The second half of that Packers game was one of the worst I've ever watched. I knew when they scored a TD on the first drive of the second half they were going to figure out how to blow a 23 point lead. I'm no psychic, I just know this fricking team too well.

I can see it turning into a shootout if Orton can perform and in that scenario, it probably comes down to who has the ball last. I see three possibilities: Eagles win a squeaker, Cowboys win a squeaker or the Eagles blow them out of the water. The only thing I can't imagine is Dallas blowing the Eagles out of the water unless they get some lucky breaks or bad calls in their favor. The defense is that bad.

I'm obviously hoping for a win, I just don't think they have it in them. I'm not a pessimist, just someone who has watched every single game this team has played for over ten years and I know their tendencies.

ice grillin you

what hilarious about this whole week is the fact that since late sunday dallas has known that romo isnt playing anymore this year yet they are playing gamesmenship with the birds by trying to use the threat of tony pos romo to make them prepare differently
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Yeah, I don't get that.  What exactly would you do differently in preparation for Orton instead of Romo?  It's not like they're vastly different creatures. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

If they can't beat a team with Kyle Orton they don't belong anywhere near the playoffs.   I mean, in all honesty they've lucked their way close as it is anyway, so really, if they win then great, but this team really has no business being in contention.

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on December 27, 2013, 11:17:42 AM
Yeah, I don't get that.  What exactly would you do differently in preparation for Orton instead of Romo?

Less fumble drills.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on December 27, 2013, 11:17:42 AM
Yeah, I don't get that.  What exactly would you do differently in preparation for Orton instead of Romo?  It's not like they're vastly different creatures.

well that too....but more to the point is that tony romo isnt very good and hes a complete travesty in big games.....its a joke to think he could be used as a scare tactic...and the cowboys trying to be coy all week was hilarious
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

He had surgery today, so he's officially out now and we can finally stop talking about this.

No word on if the surgery was on his back or a c-section, though.

Eagaholic

Garrett says they will still give him post op treatment and try to get him ready to go sunday, to really confuse chip.

Rome

I hope Kelly gets a lead and guns it on their asses.

Drop 60 on those fargers.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on December 27, 2013, 01:58:12 PM
I hope Kelly gets a lead and guns it on their asses.

Drop 60 on those fargers.

Yeah, at this point I'd rather see a huge crushing blowout than some sort of dallas implosion giving the Eagles a last minute victory. Though each has it's charm.

Speaking of which, long as Romo is in surgery maybe they should go in there and fix that nagging airway obstruction problem.

Eagaholic

Romo back home friday night after surgery. Maybe he'll have an amazing superhuman way ahead of schedule recovery like RG.

Edit: Demarcus Ware apparently hurt his back Friday and is now questionable. Dez also tweeked his back but is probable. Broke back cowboys.

QB Eagles

Jerry:

The Giants and taterskins suffered complete franchise collapses and the Eagles were coming off a 4-12 season, and you still didn't win the division you skeletor pulled-back-face creep. Stick with Garrett so you can miss the playoffs again next year. And keep up the good work at GM.

PhillyPhreak54

Lakers lost too

Cowboy fans are really trippin

If CC Sabathia tears his ulnar ligament tomorrow they're gonna kill themselves

Eagaholic

Lol, since 2000 dallas is 2-12 in week 17 (worst in nfl). Wow. They should take the bye then.