farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 22, 2015, 11:24:21 AM
whatever demarco murray or ryan matthews rushes for this year could have been matched by a draft pick

and depth isnt the issue...we all want depth at the rb position...and almost all teams have depth...its a two back league now...this is not a question of depth but of using resources in an intelligent manner

Stats are irrelevant in this argument. That's like saying you could put Maclin in Dallas's offense in place of Bryant and he'd match his production. He definitely would too. But he's not Dez, just as Mcfadden/rookie RB isn't Murray. They aren't even Matthews. No team is gameplanning their D around a rookie RB. You put a power back like Murray in there and suddenly other things open up. You can't ignore a guy like that. They don't have a passing attack like Dallas does. So you emphasize the running game and hope your QB can make some throws.

smeags

like i said, it will all play out. i dont care so much about the stats at the end of the season, just  whether there's a parade or not.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on May 22, 2015, 01:01:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 22, 2015, 11:24:21 AM
whatever demarco murray or ryan matthews rushes for this year could have been matched by a draft pick

and depth isnt the issue...we all want depth at the rb position...and almost all teams have depth...its a two back league now...this is not a question of depth but of using resources in an intelligent manner

Stats are irrelevant in this argument. That's like saying you could put Maclin in Dallas's offense in place of Bryant and he'd match his production. He definitely would too. But he's not Dez, just as Mcfadden/rookie RB isn't Murray. They aren't even Matthews. No team is gameplanning their D around a rookie RB. You put a power back like Murray in there and suddenly other things open up. You can't ignore a guy like that. They don't have a passing attack like Dallas does. So you emphasize the running game and hope your QB can make some throws.

runnings back dont open up stuff for other people...stuffing the box is basically a thing of the past...teams are fine with letting running backs get theirs...with five or six pass catchers on the field the majority of the time now you cant afford to put eight men in the box outside of short yardage...spread offenses rule....i mean what the farg has adrian peterson or jamal charles ever opened up?

wr's are where its at now...the passing game opens up the running game...this isnt 1988 anymore and rb's dont scare anyone...theres a reason rb's being drafted in the first round is becoming rare and theres a reason why wide receivers make more than rb's now...it wont be long before the top tier te's surpass running top tier rb's....and i think the extinction of demarco murray type free agent deals for backs is not far away...and i think its safe to say we will never again see this much money put into a back field as what the eagles did this year

i was thinking how ironic that with all the sports science stuff....the things he does with his practices that no one else does and how advanced he is in so many aspects of the game that he gave out a such prehistoric deal to a rb like he did with murray
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Name me the last Superbowl team who had an elite receiver. They're great for stats during the regular season but teams win in the playoffs by running the ball or having an elite QB.

smeags

Quote from: SD on May 22, 2015, 01:58:10 PM
Name me the last Superbowl team who had an elite receiver. They're great for stats during the regular season but teams win in the playoffs by running the ball or having an elite QB.

green bay
saints

edit - nope not even them.

MDS

sam bradford is not an elite qb

and to answer your question green bay had driver and jennings
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

jennins - so i was right with green bay. but dude ,,,, donald driver ? you shouldve stopped at jennings.

so one out of the last six winners.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 22, 2015, 02:18:06 PM

sam bradford is not an elite qb

and to answer your question green bay had driver and jennings

That's why you focus on the run game. GB has Rodgers, those receivers aren't changing defensive game plans.

ice grillin you

you are missing the point...no one is saying you don't run the ball....you just don't need to invest 25 million bucks into the running game...anyone can run the ball...its not easy to find a guy who can throw or catch the ball at an elite level....a rb is created by his offensive line or his passing game or the system....hes not created by spending a high draft pick or spending lots of money on...and defenses arent looking for ways to stop the run...they are looking for ways to get to the qb and defend the pass

qb
edge rusher
cb
wr

those are the four most coveted positions in todays game and none have anything to do with running the ball....you can also go to the interior defensive line and note how there there aren't really anymore jerry ball nose tackles...everything now is skewing towards the undersized get up the field tackle....its just not a running focused league anymore and imo its not necessary to unload a dumptruck of money into the position in free agency...we just have a fundamental disagreement on how to allocate funds in todays game...agree to disagree

ice grillin you

SD

Dez is threatening to hold out hold out...as in the season if his contract terms aren't met. He hasn't signed his franchise tag yet. He said he isn't bluffing. Im sure Jerry ain't starting the season and im sure once Thomas (also hasn't signed his franchise tender) signs the market will settle. But this definitely is an issue to keep an eye on.

BigEd76

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Yes, but you have to be good at it.

The man. The myth. The legend.