Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I said earlier in the thread that he hadn't played like Joe Montana in his prime yet.

Welp... now he has.  That was a spectacular outing from the kid today.  Imagine if his receivers weren't total farging garbage with oil slicks for hands.

hbionic

They have hands? I thought at best they were stumps.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

At least everybody on offense that isn't a WR is fairly competent.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

as long as he keeps jamming to the worship music during his pre-game prep, he will be just fine.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i said this to lil guy at the game yesterday but wanted to rewatch pittsburgh game to confirm and its true.....thru three games now wentz has not thrown a single off the mark pass....his accuracy has been beyond belief
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

He was hurried on one throw and went high yesterday. A couple of his short passes to the outside have been a little weaker than they should have been. No worm burners, knuckleballs, or anything to complain about from him.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on September 26, 2016, 10:30:05 AM
He was hurried on one throw and went high yesterday. A couple of his short passes to the outside have been a little weaker than they should have been.

Yeah he missed a couple times in this game, but not by a lot. Actually thought his accuracy was a little lower than in the first two games but Doug opened up the playbook more and there were fewer drops (and the Steelers defense was terrible), so the end result is his best game statistically. His throws look great no matter how you slice it, just nitpicking here.

phattymatty

anyone else laugh when they showed that wobbly piece of shtein TD pass by bradford yesterday?

QB Eagles

It looks kinda like Caleb Sturgis' first FG. I'd laugh more if Bradford looked like shtein, but he really doesn't, wobbly passes or not. Also a little miffed because their play dictates the Eagles draft position, and the Vikes look pretty good in all phases in spite of what should be devastating injuries.

Zimmer is a great coach in that otherwise terribly coached division. That team is going to be a force over the next decade.

smeags

my next door neighbors may not talk to me any longer after yesterday. they have to fly my eagles flag at their house for this week.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on September 26, 2016, 10:30:05 AM
He was hurried on one throw and went high yesterday. A couple of his short passes to the outside have been a little weaker than they should have been. No worm burners, knuckleballs, or anything to complain about from him.

being absolutely 100% perfect on every throw is not the same as having not thrown an errant pass....and if the offensive line caused a throw to be rushed an thus not accurate you dont evaluate it as a negative on the qb...just like if a wr drops a ball and it gets picked that int is not on the qb...im talking about unforced errors and he has literally had none in three games....which is beyond belief

ice grillin you

Winner: Carson Wentz

They say in journalism that three events equals a trend — and friends, I am here to tell you that the highly statistical, super-reliable, threefold trend is this: Carson Wentz is subsuming, superseding, sucking the all-American football marrow out of, and just generally surpassing Tom Brady as this nation's foremost quarterback. Who is now gunning for the Pats QB's record for most passes without an interception to start a career? That's right: America's wholesomest, cornfed-est, gingerest hope, who in a three-game NFL career has tossed 102 without an INT. He is classy. He is gritty. Tom Brady is dead. Long live Tom Brady.