20 worst NES games

Started by MURP, October 27, 2005, 10:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

how burgertime doesnt make any "worst list" is beyond me.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

BigEd76

Yeah, that's another brutal one

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on October 27, 2005, 10:49:44 AM
Bible Adventures was great.  I liked the part where you play the "Nail Jesus to the Cross" minigame.  But I couldn't hit the buttons fast enough, so usually he was just hanging there by his feet and one hand.

:-D :-D :-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

NES came out when I was in late middle/ early high school, really past my prime video-game playing days (I was the man when it came to Asteroids, though  :D).  The only NES games I played with any regularity were Super Mario Brothers, Contra, Ice Hockey and Duck Hunt.

Contra was the bomb!  :yay

I know that they're considered the "masterpiece" of NES, but I could never figure out the Legend of Zelda.  Never did have the knack or patience for those kind of games.

PoopyfaceMcGee

My parents bought me Bible Adventures, and that's the only one in the top 20 I ever played.  If that's only #19, numbers 1-18 must really, REALLY suck.  REALLY.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 27, 2005, 02:39:15 PM
NES came out when I was in late middle/ early high school, really past my prime video-game playing days (I was the man when it came to Asteroids, though  :D).  The only NES games I played with any regularity were Super Mario Brothers, Contra, Ice Hockey and Duck Hunt.

Contra was the bomb!  :yay

I know that they're considered the "masterpiece" of NES, but I could never figure out the Legend of Zelda.  Never did have the knack or patience for those kind of games.

Contra is still great - I play it on my buddies X-Box (ha ha box) whenever I get the chance.

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-?select?-Start

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Wingspan on October 27, 2005, 02:21:26 PM
how burgertime doesnt make any "worst list" is beyond me.

That's one that was pretty decent in arcade form...but it sucked in translation for NES platform.

mussa

God knows why, but i had "Caveman Games"

That fargin game was so bad

My all time favorite NES games: Tecmo and Super Tecmo Bowl, Contra, Doube Dragon, Marios series, ExciteBike, RBI Baseball, Final Fantasy, Ice Hockey and Mike Tysons Punch Out.  I lost once in Super Tecmo Bowl.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Baseball Stars was/ is one of the best baseball games out there.....salaries, building up players....spent many an hours playing that farging game.  :yay
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Tag Team Pro Wrestling was alright. Notable for its influence on Homestar Runner too.

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on October 27, 2005, 06:39:43 PM
Baseball Stars was/ is one of the best baseball games out there.....salaries, building up players....spent many an hours playing that farging game.  :yay

I thought Base Wars was pretty sweet. Baseball the way it should be (i.e. armed robots fighting to the death).

General_Failure

And such an easy game to win. Hit every batter until they explode.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

I agree that Ghostbusters HAD to find a way onto that list.

mussa

Quote from: hbionic on October 27, 2005, 06:39:43 PM

oh man that game was awesome! i totally forgot about that game. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"