I'm in the market to buy a television & need assistance.

Started by Mad-Lad, November 29, 2005, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

$199 is insane for that teevee.  I'd buy two of them minimum.

Munson

haha even though it's bottom of the barrel?

I wish I could afford to buy two.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on March 21, 2011, 09:53:22 PM
back it up further: 

don't put a television in your bedroom

bedrooms are for farging sleeping reading and dressing....that's it.

white trash weirdo

say wha?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 23, 2011, 12:16:55 PM
theres actually gps's that dont give the street name?

wow

Yeah the lower model ones do.

My mom bought one - as soon as I heard it I went out and bought her a new one.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Rome on November 23, 2011, 01:08:11 PM
$199 is insane for that teevee.  I'd buy two of them minimum.
shtein, i'd buy two just to have one in my garage and one in the sunroom. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

If you have to wait for 10 hours on Thanksgiving to save $100, your time is clearly worth very little.

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 24, 2011, 07:54:12 PM
If you have to wait for 10 hours on Thanksgiving to save $100, your time is clearly worth very little.

Best Buy in NE Philly this morning:

PoopyfaceMcGee

General_Failure

At least they were entertained by the prospect of horrible, deadly car accidents at that intersection.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 24, 2011, 07:54:12 PM

and your bank account is worth even less
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

If you have that little money, you shouldn't spend it on a TV. Wait for an idiot like me to buy a TV I don't need, then buy my old one on craigslist for pennies on the dollar.

But anyway, BLACK FRIDAY!

Sgt PSN

Been looking to upgrade from my 8 yr old Sony Wega for a few months now. Came across a 51" Samsung @ Best Buy yesterday. Reg price $1100, on sale for $800. Has all the bells and whistles...3D, Smart TV w/web browser, 1080, 600hz, etc. also has a 2D to 3D converter that gives regular channels some nice 3D depth, but you don't have things popping off the screen at you.  But it's a plasma. I looked up reviews while in the store and saw overwhelming positive reviews.  I know a few years back there were issues with images burning into the screen but they seem to have resolved that for the most part.

Hooked it up last night and the pic is amazing. 3D conversion is pretty cool but after a few minutes wearing the goggles my eyes start to hurt a little. I assume it'll take some time to get used to them.

Anyway, anyone have thoughts on plasmas?  They seem to be a lot more stable than when they first came on the scene.  Should I be worried at all?  I can return in 30 days, hassle free.

Also, I saw on BB's website today that they knocked another $100 off the price so I'll be collecting that tomorrow.

General_Failure

Don't leave anything paused for several hours and you should be fine.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Holy Christ, unemployment and living at Mom's sounds good.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on January 20, 2013, 10:28:33 PM
Don't leave anything paused for several hours and you should be fine.

Seems like sound advice. 

Quote from: Diomedes on January 21, 2013, 06:21:11 AM
Holy Christ, unemployment and living at Mom's sounds good.

So does 24 mo interest free on my Best Buy card.