2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 01, 2017, 11:38:19 PM
Yep I'd prefer Kelce to not be back but if you can't upgrade no reason to let him go for just the sake of doing it

Yes, get Kelce out of here.  He's been going downhill at a rapid pace.  I'm all for Seumalo at center.  Big V?  He did improve but he's a major project. 

Agree with IGY, draft the best non QB,TE available. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

How many cornerstone players does the team have?  Wentz, Ertz (for this team), Cox, Hicks, Lane.  Anyone else?  Graham was excellent this year but not sure I'd expect that 3 years down the line.  Jenkins is good but not amazing.  Anyone else is replaceable.

General_Failure

I'm still not counting on Lane, and Ertz is the Matthews of TEs.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

You're sitting at 14/15, Fournette, Mike Williams, and the top CB are still on the board (this is all hypothetical)...who are you taking?

PhillyPhreak54

I'd go Mike Williams

as much as I like Fournette I go WR

ice grillin you

if fournette is there and i cant imagine any scenario where he would be and you arent against taking a rb that high i dont know how you pass him up....hes the top player on a lot of boards and is in almost everyones top 3...shtein im anti rb in the first round and i think id take him there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

Of all three, I'd probably go Williams. A great RB is a good thing, but it's not as glaring of a need. Provided they manage to improve the OL, I'd think a top tier WR would have the greatest immediate upside.

MDS

Quote from: SD on January 10, 2017, 11:09:04 AM
You're sitting at 14/15, Fournette, Mike Williams, and the top CB are still on the board (this is all hypothetical)...who are you taking?

corner

williams im sure is a nice player but id rather add a veteran wr or 2, take a wr in the 2/3 rds and go after hopkins next offseason. theyll have some more flexibility then and hes worth it, more so than alshon.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The defense can amble on for a little while without a corner if they have to, but Wentz needs a legitimate weapon. He really needs two, but anyone who can come down with the ball if they get their hands on it would help a whole lot.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Watching Green Bay's receivers catch ball after ball that wasn't always perfectly thrown made me ill.  Watching Giants receivers dropping them made me giggle. 

smeags

I would go Williams. give wentz what he needs.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on January 10, 2017, 01:48:14 PM
The defense can amble on for a little while without a corner if they have to, but Wentz needs a legitimate weapon. He really needs two, but anyone who can come down with the ball if they get their hands on it would help a whole lot.

if you want to get your young qb a first round wr that makes for a valid argument...but in this particular draft the wr's hold depth but not a lot of top end talent....and in all drafts its harder to find a good corner than a good wr

i also look at it from the perspective of if you believe wentz is going to become a franchise guy then you can maybe not worry about wr as much because he going to make up for a lot....where as the eagles had good safety play this year and still were last in the league giving up passes of 25+ yards...in other words moderately improve the wr's (say a second round pick and a FA) and it could vastly improve the offense...where as moderately improve a corner and they could easily still suck...stud corners and stud pass rushers imo you cant really pass up....thats not to say there will be what they or i consider a stud corner at their pick but if its btwn that and a wr i go corner...i wanna see more film on him but from what i saw in games this year i really like the kid from ohio state if he were there

Sgt PSN

The rules favor offensive players, especially in the passing game. So an average WR should enjoy more success than an equally average Corner. If the choice is between a legit corner or an average receiver, then give me the corner. 

It's sort of similar to the Jah vs NN argument. Elite defenders in the paint are hard to find these days, but guys like Jah are a dime a dozen.

ice grillin you

actually guys like jah dont exist in the nba anymore because they get exposed in todays game...thats why hes worthless

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on January 10, 2017, 01:54:50 PM
Watching Green Bay's receivers catch ball after ball that wasn't always perfectly thrown made me ill.  Watching Giants receivers dropping them made me giggle. 

The most glaring difference was in the Detroit-Seattle game.

Seahawks receivers making more circus catches than I've seen in one game my entire life, while Eric Ebron drops another ball across the middle.