The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

death penalty is warranted here. better yet, place both in general population while awaiting trial.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

I strongly oppose the death penalty, but cases like this make me question that position for a moment.

QB Eagles

In my view, many people deserve the death penalty (or worse) but very, very few deserve the power to dish it out.

smeags

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 09, 2017, 12:11:32 PM
In my view, many people deserve the death penalty (or worse) but very, very few deserve the power to dish it out.

I don't disagree with this at all, but my primary opposition to it is that there are far too many wrongful convictions in our legal system for us to even consider having a death penalty.  Everyone knows that our justice system isn't perfect, so it's ridiculous for such an imperfect system to have a punishment that you can't come back from.

Rome

Good God the death penalty is farging state sanctioned vengeance murder.  It doesn't curtail crime any more than vegetables curtail us from eating cheeseburgers. 

General_Failure

If we were still pretending that prison was for rehabilitating people so they can rejoin their communities, the death penalty would be for people who will never be rehabilitated; serial killers, child predators, noisy eaters. We've stopped pretending that, but I'm still okay with the idea that some people are better off dead.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Oh I support killing them.  I just don't support the STATE doing the killing. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on January 09, 2017, 02:10:12 PM
Oh I support killing them.  I just don't support the STATE doing the killing.

put these two in gen pop. there wont be a need for morality debates about the state putting them to death or wasting tax dollars trying those two POS's.

General_Failure

Or you could not treat inmates like attack dogs and just kill these people.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

smeags

attack dogs ?

im trying to figure a way that prisoners could get time off their sentences for providing a great community service.

Rome

They could do what the convicts did in Escape From New York - opt in for a quick suicide. 

Beermonkey

Quote from: Rome on January 09, 2017, 02:52:20 PM
They could do what the convicts did in Escape From New York - opt in for a quick suicide.

These two already tried to kill themselves before the arrest, so they may end up doing everyone's job on their own.