Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck_chillout

Quote from: mussa on November 07, 2007, 10:26:45 AM
Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat - Wow from the moment the game fires up its awesome. Its just amazing how far games have come and this game is a great example.

I agree, this is what you hope for when you play on a next-gen system.  You need to hop online so you can rank up and unlock weapons and add ons.
Madden Football League

mussa

i can't wait til my tv is fixed and i can actually hook it up to hi-def. right now im using rca inputs cause my component inputs are shot.  :boo :boo
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

COD4 multiplayer is tough, but addicting. I think its game of the year. Halo 3 ain't got shtein on this.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

chuck_chillout

Yep, I'm getting killed online myself. Sometimes I'll just be checking out the amazing detail of the map I'm on and get shot.   Right now I'm a Corporal II, so I have the "red dot" attachment and some pretty good perks. I'm just not using them well.  I've been getting better by picking up other players weapons. If I can find a M16 with a scope, it's on.  :poison 
Madden Football League

mussa

anyone else been having issues with xbox live the past couple days? i guess they are doing some work on xbox live?

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mussa

xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live xbox live

phattymatty

i rented NBA Live 08 for the Wii.  Do not do this. 

It's incredibly easy.  The second game I played I went 22/22 from 3-point range with Igoudala.

SD_Eagle5

Picked up Mass Effect at lunch today but haven't had a chance to play it. It's made by Bioware the same company that brought you Knights of the Old Republic 1 and Jade Empire. Supposedly it's better than both games...we'll see.

hbionic

I will be playing call of duty 4 tonight. my friend bought it the other day.

Will give my review later.

I know, I know, you care.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Dillen

Quote from: phattymatty on November 20, 2007, 05:59:34 PM

It's incredibly easy.  The second game I played I went 22/22 from 3-point range with Igoudala.
NBA Live has sucked since its inception.

hbionic

Quote from: Dillen on November 20, 2007, 07:48:01 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on November 20, 2007, 05:59:34 PM

NBA Live has sucked since its inception.

I don't remember if it is or not, but I think NBA live went as far back as the Sega Genesis.

It ruled on the Sega Genesis. Fun, fun, fun. Action up the yang, it was easy to play, dope shooting, dunks, etc. It was awesome. Now, its too farging technical and less fun with these new systems. There was always something great in simple.

SunMo

March Madness has been pretty good
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Dillen

Quote from: hbionic on November 20, 2007, 07:58:06 PM
I don't remember if it is or not, but I think NBA live went as far back as the Sega Genesis.

It ruled on the Sega Genesis. Fun, fun, fun. Action up the yang, it was easy to play, dope shooting, dunks, etc. It was awesome. Now, its too farging technical and less fun with these new systems. There was always something great in simple.
Thinking about it, it used to be awesome. I think it was Live 05 (whatever was the last year I bought) that had the FULL game of 10 years prior, so they had the entire Live 95, not stripped down or anything. That was fun.

sunmo, wrong. Both EA basketball games have sucked for the past couple of years. Used to be pretty good though.

hbionic

Quote from: hbionic on November 20, 2007, 07:13:09 PM
I will be playing call of duty 4 tonight. my friend bought it the other day.

Will give my review later.

I know, I know, you care.

Played it tonight.

All I have to say is 'Death from above'.

There is no level like it in video games. Ever. Wow, I thought I was watching a live leak video from the war in Iraq. Unbelievable.

That game, is very good. I'm too busy looking at the graphics, the skyline...crazy shtein.

If you rent it and play that level, that should be enough. Wow.