Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: reese125 on November 27, 2007, 04:35:30 PMWhy wouldnt you just go to a cheat page off of google for that level? First thing i did. They are everywhere.

if I can't beat it myself after a hundred or so tries, the game goes in the trash.  I'm not searching the motherfarging internet for cheats, or any stupid shtein like that.  I have a life; there are :CF threads to read.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

Ill be damned if I go that far in a game, get to a point where Im stuck and throw the shtein away. Its time to cheat and move on

Diomedes

"that far" in this case is stage farging one, dude.

did you read my post?

edit: I now realize you were talking about what mussa posted, not what I posted.  my bad
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Dio, try this.

I assume you've been trying to shove the crate with your feet, right?  It's a timing thing.  You have to hide your crate behind one of the bigger crates that are part of the boat... and cheat it to the side.  As soon as the archers have fired their 2 back to back arrows, move it to the side, and shove your crate to the next line of crates... then do the same thing again.  Slide it in-between two of the pillars the archers are on (under the nets), jump up, and get to slashing.  You're not too far from one of the epic boss battles that make that game great.

It may take you a couple tries, and you/the crate will still take a hit or two... but you should get it.  Remember, it's all timing.

Yeah, you know I had to show up when God of War is mentioned.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

Quote from: reese125 on November 27, 2007, 04:35:30 PM
Quote from: mussa on November 25, 2007, 12:49:33 PM
OMG dude it took me about 100+ tries to get past that point. such a pain in the ass. there is a few other stages later in the game where its just impossible and you want to give up. i thought the game was fantastic until i got to a stage and i couldn't walk out or into a new area. i was trapped. i contacted the game developers and everything and they never heard of it happening. so i couldn't go on to beat it. bullshtein

Just beat COD4. Pretty short game, but all worth it. fantastic story line, music, action. its like a movie. when you beat it it unlocks arcade mode. im not really sure what its all about. i played death from above stage in arcade mode and they just give you points for kills and its all about your score. nothing too exciting to me.

Getting farther into SKATE too. Great game.

Why wouldnt you just go to a cheat page off of google for that level? First thing i did. They are everywhere.

God of War is one of the best graphical games ever for PS2

i did eventually look for tips when i was having problems. i only really struggled with three battles. the first was the crate, then it was as level where you had to fight and beat enemies before the floor dropped and then the other was the last level where my game just stopped working. i went back and beat the last level over and over, game wouldn't progress for me, so i said farg GOW. If your really interested in what my problem was you can go back and search for it...i don't feel like explaining it.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 28, 2007, 08:08:10 AM
Dio, try this.

Well, I have tried with the kicking and without.  At this point, I'm not going back to the game for a while because I'm so goddamned frustrated by it.  But thanks for the tip..when I do pick it up again, I'll go just for pushing it and timing.  I did notice there is a standard rhythm to the archer's volleys, and that they more or less track on Kratos, so I've been trying to position myself to take a few volleys and then as the lull in their volley is being launched, I roll towards the crate to give it a push.  This method has been most successful, but sometimes takes quite a while, and often also requires me to kill the sailors nearby to recoup my health...

Anyway, I'll see what I can do some day when I'm reasonably sure that I won't break my television when I fail.

Sgt PSN

Over the holiday weekend I played Madden 08 for the first time and it was on PS3.  The graphics are pretty damn good and the controls are mostly unchanged compared to the latest version I have (06 on PS2).  There were some things I didn't like but overall it was enjoyable. 

So I decided to buy it the other day for my PS2 but noticed that it's not the same as the version sold for PS3.  Graphics are still pretty good but some of the gameplay options aren't the same.  But I got it for $20 at Wal Mart so no complaints. 

The main thing I can't stand is the way you kick off/fg/punt the ball now by using the R3 stick.  Stupid. 

phattymatty

i agree.  the graphics are pretty damn.

rjs246

Punt? who he hell punts in Madden? Or goes for field goals or extra points for that matter? Jerks, that's who. There's no kicking in video games.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on November 30, 2007, 11:44:02 AM
Punt? who he hell punts in Madden? Or goes for field goals or extra points for that matter? Jerks, that's who. There's no kicking in video games.

I punt when I'm playing all-pro or madden level.  That's about it. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Dillen

My 360 gave me the red lights yesterday. In February the same thing happened to a friend about a week after I bought mine, so I just let him use my receipt to get a new one immediately at the store for free. Unfortunately there's 9 months between this time so I'll have to send it in.

I just called, their customer service is hilarious. The automated part is so corny.  The indian woman was impossible to understand. I'm pretty sure I heard her say that I'm getting free Xbox Live because of this.

Seabiscuit36

yeah, they'll give you 1 month for free.  I cant stand MS and their automated system
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

so u bought your xbox less than a year ago...january or february? i bought mine in like june understanding things were fixed with the xbox360's....are people still having problems on the newer units?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Some people are, its really hit or miss.  I just ended up buying a usb powered Cooling pad for a laptop to use on my 360
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons