Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

And lets be honest, places like THe Mexican Post are not real "mexican food joints"...they're American chain joints trying to pretend they're mexican
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

I'd never heard of the place and don't eat Mexican unless I'm in Texas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2013, 05:25:25 PM

well excuuuuuuse us
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Hahaha it's just that each time I have been to a place outside of here the food stinks. One good thing about this state is the Mexican food

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2013, 05:25:25 PM

To be fair they're a small chain...like 10-15 restaurants, mostly in the tri-state area. But around here there aren't very many "legit" mexican places. There are a few in the city but I can't imagine even the independent mexican places in Delaware can be very good compared to the real thing.

The only thing that some indy Delaware places get right are cheesesteaks and pizza. I've eaten at a few places in NY/Long Island but my two favorite pizza places are still in Delaware. Could just be choosing the wrong places in new york I guess.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2013, 05:50:05 PM
Hahaha it's just that each time I have been to a place outside of here the food stinks. One good thing about this state is the Mexican food

yeah i can imagine....i bet its awesome....too bad ill never go there to experience it

SunMo

i have two legit mexican places by me, like real mexican don't speak english sweatshop workers food.  love it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Some hipster taco joint in Austin called Torchy's Tacos.  I think they're in a few Texas cities...Austin, Dallas, Houston...

shtein was pretty banging.  Def not authentic but they aren't really trying to be either.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 13, 2013, 10:07:34 PM
i have two legit mexican places by me, like real mexican don't speak english sweatshop workers food.  love it

im kind of offended you never brought me to one

SunMo

Tomahawk

Will Phatty's taco delivery service be more successful if he hires authentic mexicans?

hbionic

Everyone knows that in order to have a successful Mexican food joint, you have to have Chinese in the kitchen.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 14, 2013, 01:02:45 PM
Will Phatty's taco delivery service be more successful if he hires authentic mexicans?

It'll go under in six months because all the cooks will be busy hunting him for banging their wives and sisters.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

I'm pretty sure he lost interest in that project while people were till voting on the logo

Sgt PSN

I think he's holding a focus group in CR as we speak. Pretty sure he's focusing on the wrong kind of taco though.