Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy [CTE]

Started by Diomedes, May 02, 2011, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on January 30, 2013, 08:25:48 AM
So the 150 pound Harvard law b-ball playing nerd doesn't think he'd let his equally tiny offspring play a violent contact sport?

ed reed agrees with him as do many other nfl players
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I'm pretty sure Ed Reed's kid won't have to lift a finger for the rest of his life.  That's the point.  If you're entitled and rich you don't have to play a sport to get ahead.  These guys willingly trade whatever old age they would have had for the riches and glory they achieve on the gridiron.  Any of us would gladly trade places with them, and if not, you really don't belong here posting on an NFL board.

Sgt PSN

Agree completely with Rome. Over privileged children of pro athletes never play sports, much less go pro themselves. Just ask Peyton/Eli Manning, Mark Ingram, Clay/Casey Matthews, Kellen Winslow Jr, Chris Simms, etc, etc.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

They don't have to play.  They choose to play.

Sgt PSN

Should a cop not expect to be compensated for a crippling gun shot wound he received chasing a criminal?  After all, he knew the risks when he signed up for the job.  Farg you Barney Fife.  You knew the risk. Now lay there and die.

General_Failure

No, if cops are able to get a never ending supply of tail between ages 18-35. And not just what they can blackmail out of prostitutes, that doesn't count.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 30, 2013, 01:20:33 PM
Should a cop not expect to be compensated for a crippling gun shot wound he received chasing a criminal?  After all, he knew the risks when he signed up for the job.  Farg you Barney Fife.  You knew the risk. Now lay there and die.

Maybe when we start paying cops $1 million a year I'll agree with you. If you play football and get a concussion and decide to keep on playing THAT IS ON YOU.

And yes I'd let my son play football if I had one. I'd encourage him to do so. I used to coach little guys in Philly [I'm sure some of you remember I used to coach my cousin who was a high school football star].

ice grillin you

putting a price on peoples lives.....the american way
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

General_Failure

Good to see someone in the comments questioning the motives of these so called brain damaged players. They're all just a bunch of broke jerks, and definitely not mad that the NFL didn't worry about their health and drastically shortened their lives to make billions off the vicious hits they gave each other.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger