Would you make a trade for Duckett

Started by MURP, January 13, 2006, 02:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

i don't know what kind of reciever Duckett is, but that will be a factor in their decision, i'm sure.  that's one reason why Duce might be a good fit.  he could be the "big back" they need but he also has the ball recieving skills that AR likes.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hunt

andy's mustache twin in seattle needs to have a talk with him & explain how having the nfl's leading rusher is a good thing.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hbionic

Duce, he might come back? I love Duce, don't get me wrong...but it always seemed as though he didn't have the power to burst through the defender's wall. Duckett can plow right through the defenders like a dead hooker's ass.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

Quote from: hbionic on January 13, 2006, 02:38:26 PM
Duce, he might come back? I love Duce, don't get me wrong...but it always seemed as though he didn't have the power to burst through the defender's wall. Duckett can plow right through the defenders like a dead hooker's ass.

i'm not saying Duce might come back, but I would think his contract and injuries over the past 2 years would make him likely to be cut.  as for being a power runner, that was one of Duce's best qualities.  he was never a guy to run away from a defense, but he ran hard with a lot of power.

rjs246

Quote from: mhunt on January 13, 2006, 02:38:16 PM
andy's mustache twin in seattle needs to have a talk with him & explain how having the nfl's leading rusher is a good thing.

Yes.

Duckett >>> Duce as a runner
Duce >>>>>>>>>> Duckett as a receiver

But Duckett is young and would fill a need. I'd love to have both, frankly, but given my druthers, I'd take Duckett in spite of my Duce hearting.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Ideal backfield situation for rjs...

Westbrook
Duckett
Duce
Moats
Perry (kickreturner)

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

all of them running behind their 1st round draft pick, Winston Justice!

Wingspan

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 13, 2006, 02:31:31 PM
does it really matter if they have him?  they'll throw on 3rd and 2 anyway.  unless you believe that AR doesn't run the ball on short yardage situations because he doesn't have the appropriate back, not the other way around.

if you line up with ducket in the backfield on 3rd and 1, passing would be more effective. a move like that could work both ways.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 13, 2006, 02:45:00 PM
all of them running behind their 1st round draft pick, Winston Justice!

Fine.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MadMarchHare

Pffft.....6 RBs on the Eagles?  Only in the pre-season.
Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

Quote from: MadMarchHare on January 13, 2006, 02:54:31 PM
Pffft.....6 RBs on the Eagles? Only in the pre-season.

I only count 5 if you're referring to my post...

Oh right. FB. how easy to forget...

Let them eat bootstraps.

RezRob

Duckett can plow right through the defenders like a dead hooker's ass.
Uh...pre or post rigomortis?  :puke
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

General_Failure

Let's trade for all the runningbacks in the world. They'll have a great time running behind the two linemen we have.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Whatever it takes to force Reid to actually run the ball.

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

I am all about paying way too much for Duckett, just so he would come here and be our number 2 and because we can afford it.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"