Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

will this world cup even exist? their remaining matches will all be at 3am...you have to be insane to watch these
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

If Soccer Todd ain't waking up at 3am then the ratings are in trouble.

MDS

they set up the schedule so if the usa came in 1st in its group, it would play at 9pm in r16 and qtrs. so the usa gagged and came in 2nd. womp womp sorry fox. hate to see rupert lose money.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Oh that's great then.

Fox taking a pounding

Don Ho

Even gnarly to watch in Hawaii. 9 PM starts, games at midninght.  I'm up late as you can tell from my god awful hour posts so been working ok for me but reminds me of Men's WC in Korea/Japan back in 02.  Actually most WC.  Looking forward to 2026 in North/South America.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Holy shtein!  What an ending to the US/Sweden game.  Both keepers, WOW!  Hats off to both.  That US keeper was simply amazing.  Not a big fan of this US group but my God, the US keeper Naeher, my new soccer hero.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Honestly, it's the right result.  The rest of the world has caught up to the American women.  It's good for the sport.  U.S. didn't really deserve to advance.

Had Rose played, I think the U.S. wins.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Bummer that they're out but they haven't played well.

The Jamaican team is a fun story. Cool Runnings Soccer Style

PhillyPhreak54

The amount of self professed "patriots" dancing on the graves of the USWNT and Rapinoe is appalling.

Actively shteinting on a national team because of the "wokeness" and "how they treat the flag" is a sad glimpse into how these people think.

It's like the dude in Galveston a few weeks ago who interjected himself into a football discussion to say how he quit watching pro sports because "they all went woke". Like ok dude if you want to be a miserable farg who pastes yourself in maga wear and worships at the altar of FOX and the like go ahead. But stay away from me.

Don Ho

Japan may be the next "team".  They are clicking on all cylinders.  Would have been an amazing match had US won as Japan was next.  I really like this Sophia Smith.  Bummer she missed her PK. She will be the new face of US Women's soccer, kids love her. Love Sonnet, she is a beast.  I just thought this US team was to cocky, as Dio said the rest of the world is catching up and fast. The two ties with Netherlands and Portugal should have been the reality check to wake up.  Other than a friendly with NZ last year this team had a hard time finding the back of the net.

Don Ho

I think I owe an apology to my neighbors.  Son and I watched until almost 2 AM and the amount of oohhs and aahhs, all the "it's F'ing over now" on all the US possessions when we thought they'd score, and the "holy shteins" on every save that Swedish keeper made, I'm sure I pissed a few off.  We were pretty loud with our post 12 AM critiques.

QB Eagles

Japan has won it before. There's a handful of teams that could stake a claim to being the second most professional program, and Japan is one of them. I think the US will still be the favorite for at least a few more tournaments, purely due to the size of the country and the relative position of soccer in women's sports here compared to other countries, but the golden generation is gone and dominance can no longer be expected.

This year's team underperformed big time and rightfully paid the price.

phattymatty

I started watching about 6AM on my DVR - made sure my phone was off etc so I didn't get any spoilers.  Watched all the way until the end of OT, so 120th minutes, and then right at that moment my DVR stopped and I missed the PKs.  So quite a waste of a morning but I guess I didn't miss much.

I may check out a DC women's soccer game just to see Trinity Rodman in person.  What a woman.

General_Failure

Imagine your dick getting hard because a women's soccer team lost.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Most of the people celebrating the loss haven't been able to get it up for years.