DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if they can pull off a deal that brings back  at least equal value i would trade anyone....i just don't think pimp would bring back commodities that would equal what his value is to the eagles

Quote from: Rome on March 02, 2014, 09:10:44 PM
According to the Eagles cap page they currently have $21,426,365 in cap space and that's after the Cooper, Kelce, Maclin & Peters signings.   That's not a huge amount but it's enough to get at least 2 or 3 prime time free agents.

i thought it was closer to 17....but either way yeah they have enough money to basically do whatever they want this offseason
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

I don't think that $21M is enough to get more than maybe 1 top FA for a couple of reasons. The first is with the cap increase about half the teams in the league have more cap room now than the Eagles which means it takes a lot more than in past years to get one of these guys.

The other reason is the penalty for having a great draft class in '12. Over they next couple of years they will have to pay off Foles, Boykin, Kendricks, Cox as well as get some lesser players so they'll need to carry over $15 - 20M like they did this year.

Rome

http://www.eaglescap.com/

the cap is expected to rise to $150M by 2016.  money won't be an issue then any more than it's an issue now.   howie has to have the balls to pull the trigger after the last free agent clusterfarg.  i honestly don't think it's the way to go, but if you're going to go for it, make damn sure you get the best player(s) available.

Eagaholic

True the cap will be going up a lot (thanks is good part to Thursday night football). The Eagles are OK but there are many teams in much better shape. 3 teams have around $55 - 65+ million in cap room and only 2 teams are over the cap, which is a huge difference in the market from what we've seen in the past. So its about bidding against other teams for top players, and several teams are in a much better position. Money isn't a big issue for keeping the team they want together going forward but I don't think they have the leverage compared with other teams to get top FAs like they have in the past.

Rome

The way I see it players want to make as much dough as possible.  However, winning factors in too.  Philly is a big market, they have a hot coach, they were a playoff team last year, and they have enough cap space to be able to satisfy almost any player.

Sure, Oakland has a ton of space and so do a few other teams, but why would anyone in their right mind sign with them even if they could break the bank?

Just look at what Jairus Byrd turned down from the Bills.  Does he really think he's going to get that much more from other teams or is it he's had enough of losing in a zesty town with a zesty team?

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on March 02, 2014, 10:14:24 PM
The way I see it players want to make as much dough as possible.  However, winning factors in too.  Philly is a big market, they have a hot coach, they were a playoff team last year, and they have enough cap space to be able to satisfy almost any player.

Sure, Oakland has a ton of space and so do a few other teams, but why would anyone in their right mind sign with them even if they could break the bank?

Just look at what Jairus Byrd turned down from the Bills.  Does he really think he's going to get that much more from other teams or is it he's had enough of losing in a zesty town with a zesty team?

I think some players will just follow the money, especially if it's really big bucks, and others will take into account the organization. But the top tier players who can write their own ticket, and if they come from a losing team or shtein city, will be more likely to choose a contender. I gotta believe what Chip has done in just one year would be a big plus to those FAs. Looking back on that steaming pile of shtein they began the year with it is pretty impressive how they came together. I wasn't a believer in Billy Davis in the least but I have to admit he's winning me over.

SunMo

twice today fftoolbox on twitter reported that they had a source that Desean Jackson was on his way out and could be traded by the end of the day.  has to be bullshtein right?

QuoteEagles WR DeSean Jackson likely OUT in Philadelphia
Source indicates DeSean Jackson is done in Philadelphia
by FFToolbox, Monday, March 10, 2014 3:29:28 PM CDT
Twitter
EMAIL
PRINT
STUMBLE IT
TWACKLE
RSS
DISCUSS
0 Reader Comments | Add Yours
BREAKING: Toolbox source says PHI WR DeSean Jackson OUT in Philly. More details to follow... #NFL @EaglesInsider

- FFToolbox.com (@fftoolbox) March 10, 2014

We first reported this on Twitter, but waited for more time for any other details to be released. At this time, we do not know the destination, although our latest reports as of 3:10pm EST say "it's happening", so we're all hands on deck as we wait for more specific details but here's what we've heard so far...

A source close to FFToolbox is saying that DeSean Jackson is done in Philly. From all indications Jackson is on his way out and now we wait for this news to become official.

It's not unusual for new head coaches to clean house to a degree and Chip Kelly simply may not see Jackson as his type of player. There is also speculation that Kelly believes Jackson is a "me first" receiver and less of a team player.

Possibly the biggest reason for a trade is the 9.8 million this year due Jackson, with a total cap number of 12.75 million in 2014. A recent report from SI.com believes Jackson's former coach Andy Reid in KC may be a possible suitor for Jackson. And According to Jimmy Kempski of Philly.com San Francisco, who has six picks in the first four rounds of this year's draft, would make a good trading partner. New England, Oakland and a handful of other teams would make interesting destinations for Jackson, who will likely be traded for draft considerations.

Jackson had a great year in Philly with 82 receptions for 1332 yards and nine touchdowns. His value next year will likely be a low WR 1, depending, of course, on who is throwing him the ball.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/article.cfm?article_id=1753
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

I don't know about you, but I definitely trust this Twitter account I hadn't heard of before now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Chameleon

This doesn't add up. If the Eagles were shopping DeSean there would be more reliable sources. I can't see cutting him. Mr. Jackson is talented, but Mr. Foles doesn't like his attitude, or the fact that he cannot spell Jackpot. If this is true, Bye, Bye, cancer,  hello someone else less likely to act like an icehole because of the example we may make out of notsopimp.

General_Failure

He's not even a selfish player, so I don't know where that comes from. He blocks, he tackles on turnovers, he plays special teams. Did someone need a bone marrow transplant and he said no?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Chameleon

Quote from: General_Failure on March 10, 2014, 04:01:01 PM
He's not even a selfish player, so I don't know where that comes from. He blocks, he tackles on turnovers, he plays special teams. Did someone need a bone marrow transplant and he said no?

Define selfish player. Then think about how taxing it would be to be surrounded by that kind of stupid throughout a fooball season. +His market value is as high as it will ever be. Last year was his peak. Imagine how many seasons AI would have had if he played football, you are looking at a similar asset. Buy low, sell high, GOODBYE!

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on March 10, 2014, 04:01:01 PM

his anti bullying efforts are tremendous

but he raps and wears shiny jewlery so hes an uppity stillupfront to a lot of people

Eagles_Legendz

I'm fine with moving Jackson, like anyone else, depending on the value he returns.  I just don't see a way they're going to get enough to justify moving him especially as it creates an unneeded hole on the roster.

hbionic

I'm going to hang myself for continue to open this link.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on March 10, 2014, 04:16:38 PM
I'm fine with moving Jackson, like anyone else, depending on the value he returns.  I just don't see a way they're going to get enough to justify moving him especially as it creates an unneeded hole on the roster.

ive been saying this since the rumors started....if they can fall into a percy harvin type deal then by all means pull the trigger....but for the most part its very hard to get equal value for good veteran nfl players