DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I think the whole pr getting murdered is overrated....how many times do you see people get killed and their season ended on punt returns
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 08, 2011, 02:45:29 PM
I think the whole pr getting murdered is overrated....how many times do you see people get killed and their season ended on punt returns

pretty much never

romey is pretty funny because he says how little pimp actually returns the ball on punts but yet says its too dangerous

why someone wouldnt want their teams best weapons on the field whenever possible is beyond me...especially when that weapon is retardedly good

hell why not just rotate vick with VY while were at it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2011, 02:49:32 PM
hell why not just rotate vick with VY while were at it

Right, because the Eagles aren't stupid enough to rotate the QBs.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

pimp should just fair catch everything until he has a new deal
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on September 08, 2011, 03:34:17 PM
pimp should just fair catch everything until he has a new deal

Yep. I'm not one to side with a player very often, but this is ridiculous. They tried to pay Ryan Harris $2 million, over 3 times what DeSean makes.

shorebird

Stephen A. Smith said it pretty good yesterday on 105.7 the fan in B-more. Pretty much called out the Eagles front office, basically saying that they just shouldn't put him out there for six hundred grand and talked about how good a player Pimp is.

audio

You have to listen to him talk about Joe Flacco first but it's an interesting outlook on the situation.

SD

QuoteJeff McLane
Jeff_McLane

DeSean Jackson's agent Drew Rosenhaus and #Eagles GM Howie Roseman exchanged pleasantries in the tunnel after the game. Contract talks next?

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Grading-the-Eagles.html#ixzz1Xh5aKJSx
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Diomedes

I still can't believe be played without getting paid.  The guy is being a lot more generous to the Eagles than they will ever be to him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

I believe he gets a $30k/day fine if he does hold out and Rosenhaus knows what to expect by now holding Eagles out.

SD

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 11, 2011, 08:53:45 PM
I believe he gets a $30k/day fine if he does hold out and Rosenhaus knows what to expect by now holding Eagles out.

He would also forfeit this season meaning he'd still be property of the Eagles next season (they wouldn't have to franchise him).

Quote from: Diomedes on September 11, 2011, 08:39:08 PM
I still can't believe be played without getting paid.  The guy is being a lot more generous to the Eagles than they will ever be to him.

Yeah he's underpaid and I hope he gets a new deal, but he's still paid a hell of a lot more money than the average Joe and all for playing a game. There are a lot of Doctors who wish they had his zesty deal . Sure they're not risking their neck on the football field but their job is a million times more important than Deseans.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's see if they add any new veterans after week 1 - then they pretty much only have one order of business.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 11, 2011, 08:59:49 PM
Yeah he's underpaid and I hope he gets a new deal, but he's still paid a hell of a lot more money than the average Joe and all for playing a game. There are a lot of Doctors who wish they had his zesty deal . Sure they're not risking their neck on the football field but their job is a million times more important than Deseans.

average joe in his case is lets say owen schmitt or king dunlop....who both make the same amount as pimp
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Never understand why someone compares a professional athlete (elite no less) to the rest of america's working class when it comes to negotiating what they should get paid.

There is no comparison. Ever.

Hawk

Quote from: reese125 on September 12, 2011, 12:55:12 PM
Never understand why someone compares a professional athlete (elite no less) to the rest of america's working class when it comes to negotiating what they should get paid.

There is no comparison. Ever.

The worst was when Joe Truck Drivers were calling up sports talk radio screaming that if they had done what Vick had done they would not have been giving a second chance.  So glad, those some guys are now hanging from Vick's teet.