DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

So are a lot of guys who talk shtein. I bet there's even some guys with little or no athletic talent whatsoever who are racist.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

mormans definitely love minorities thats for sure
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol @ this crowd

it just gets worse with you people
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

anyone else keep thinking tomorrow is sunday....cant believe we have to wait another 38 hrs for this game...seems like it should be tomorrow

me and my liver helmet are sooooooooo ready

matty rhino holla!

PhillyPhreak54

Yep. I thought today was Saturday while I was watching college games today.

Tomahawk

4 day bender+no job=no idea what today is.

Some of you fargtards should take a cue from Pimp and shut the farg up

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on January 01, 2010, 09:29:39 PM
Quote from: MDS on January 01, 2010, 08:44:13 PM
aint about me backin my boy up right now

its about you people not representin greatness thats in front of you in the form of a bonafide authentic PIMP

You're the reason people think up things like giant ovens.

damn.

Diomedes

once again I detect jealousy, inflected with some admiration in this case
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 02, 2010, 02:49:45 AM
4 day bender=no idea what today is.

you dont even know....holy crap ive been blacked out since thursday at like 4

ice grillin you

Rome

QuoteJackson responds to McNabb
Before the Donovan haters get too wound up about that stuff he said about the Eagles' youngsters looking to someone else to step up, the question McNabb was asked concerned whether the Eagles showed their youth in the loss. It was not "who is to blame for this?''

His gist was that the young guys will learn and get better. McNabb missed a few throws, maybe could have flogged himself a little more in the news conference, but he had comparatively little to do with a defeat that revolved around not stopping the run (or the pass, when it mattered) and not being able to establish the run.

Still, for better or worse, just about anything McNabb says becomes fodder, whether correctly interpreted or not.

One of the young players seemingly in question is DeSean Jackson.

The wide receiver was asked last night on his radio show on 97.5 FM The Fanatic about McNabb's comments and whether his message in the locker room is different than what it appeared he was trying to say during the news conference.

"He basically is saying just step it up," Jackson said. "Everyone has to play their abilities. He takes responsibility for himself also. He kinda gives and takes. At the end of the day we have to be on our A game. For us to win and be where we need to be, everyone needs to play good. All that pointing fingers and saying it's my fault. It's not time for that right now. We have to play A ball."

Co-host Harry Mayes followed the clip of McNabb's news conference with this: "How about him making a play? He's an 11-year veteran. He's been to multiple Pro Bowls. Take some responsibility, put it on yourself and make a play."

Jackson's response: "Yes, sir ... Understood ... Definitely ... Without a doubt."

Jackson said the players remain insulated from the talk surrounding the team, but added, " If you played that [sound bite] through the locker room, that's not something nobody wants to hear."

Asked if there would a be conversation between he and McNabb, Jackson said. "Ain't no telling. We talk and have conversations and things. You never know."

The other McNabb issue du jour concerns the numerous camera shots Sunday that showed McNabb grimacing and frustrated with what was happening for the Eagles' offense.

"Him being the leader and the bulk of the offense you depend on him to do everything," Jackson said. "It doesn't look good. It's hard to see our quarterback being mad, sometimes it's understandable. You have to shake it off and become a part of everything that's going on. The best thing I can say is try not to show those emotions or feelings on the field."

Jackson said after miscommunications and other mishaps, all you can do when you get back to the huddle is "move on, man, move on."

Jackson has struggled in the two games against the Cowboys, with a combined five catches for 76 yards.

"I'm going to do any and everything I can," he said. "I can't control other things out there. As long as I go out there and leave everything I got on the field and run my routes as fast as I can to get open. At the end of the day, that's all I can do."

Jackson tweaked his hamstring Sunday, but indicated he was not concerned.

"It was a freak accident," he said. "It's not too bad. With the treatment and things we can do to get it better, I'll be ready."

As for the game overall Sunday, Jackson said, "It was an embarrassing situation to be in a game like that and not be able to score no points at all. We've got another chance. Can't worry about yesterday. It was what it as and it was not good. We have to move on."

You can listen to the audio from Jackson's radio show below.

Love.  This.  Dude.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on January 05, 2010, 10:27:25 AM
Jackson responds to McNabb

"Dead the on the field histrionics shut the farg up and make a play you god damn uncle tom

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

The 2nd bolded part makes no sense as most of the people here get on McNabb for NOT showing those emotions on the field....of course now that he does it's a problem...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds