DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

They'll only farg up the training before then.

The man. The myth. The legend.

reese125

DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin have become very good friends since the Eagles picked Maclin in the first round of the draft in April. Jackson, a second-round pick a year earlier, admitted yesterday his first impression wasn't quite as positive.

"Not taking anything away from Jeremy, but when they made that pick, I really didn't understand that," Jackson said after this morning's practice at Lehigh. "But it is what it is. I'm putting in the work to be that No. 1 receiver."

Jackson caught 62 passes last year and was an all-rookie pick, but his goals are far higher this year.

"I'm honestly trying to double that," Jackson said Thursday. "Last year was a good year for me to get my feet wet and get a feel for what the NFL is all about. I went through some ups and downs, some good times and bad times. This year? I can be tons, tons, tons better. ... I want to be one of the best wide receivers in the NFL."

Jackson looks like he already is tons better than last year. He's having a tremendous training camp, and his 1-on-1 battles with Pro Bowl cornerback have become legendary.

"He's good," Samuel said the other day. "I'm great."

Maybe not. Jackson has been beating Samuel regularly. They remain close friends, but their trash talking and back-and-forth during practice is great to watch.

"I'm not keeping score," Jackson said with a laugh. "But if he's great, I must be great, too."

He has been so far.

"I didn't know he'd be able to make such big strides since he was so good last year," quarterback Kevin Kolb said. "But he has. It's just unreal how much he's improved. You knew he had the talent, you could see that. But he's just been unbelievable. He's unstoppable right now."

QB Eagles

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

Pimp has been unbelievable from all accounts so far this year, so i fully expect a torn acl in the preseason
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 06, 2009, 09:44:14 PM
Pimp has been unbelievable from all accounts so far this year, so i fully expect a torn acl in the preseason

I feel bad thinking that your scenario isn't that far fetched, when thinking about the Eagles.

Rome

Rome

ice grillin you

while watching pimp at bethlehem go in and out of turns with the effortlessness of a gazelle i started thinking about how its not going to be long before mike quick isnt the best eagle wr of all time

then i started to think about how epically bad the wr's in the nfc east are right now and that pimp is currently the best in the division

the things you think about when watching an nfl practice drunk off your ass
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I'm still laughing that Washington took Devin Thomas and Fred Davis above pimp.  They setup perfectly to get him, and instead did their normal draft moves, i thought for sure they were going to take Desean, and was angry as hell when the eagles got Laws over pimp
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhanInDC

FWIW, word out of Skins camp is that Devin Thomas is really playing well right now. They aren't talking about him as they do DeSean right now, but it doesn't sound like he's an outright bust. Fred Davis is a train wreck who can't hold off UFA.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

yeah im not sold. let the kid perform like this in real time game situations, which he did show signs last year and did have an impressive rookie season. don't get me wrong, i think the kids got a bright future, just hope a guy that small can stay healthy
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

Quote from: mussa on August 07, 2009, 10:43:13 AM
let the kid perform like this in real time game situations, which he did show signs last year and did have an impressive rookie season.

say wha?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

lol 62 receptions, 900+ yards, showed signs.....

He's a stud, and like i said on draft day could be a shiftier Steve Smith.  Size is his issue, but he generally knows how to avoid a hit, and isnt afraid to take a hit to make a play.  Sure he had 2 dumb plays, but i'll take the other 60 plays

PhillyPhanInDC

I think what mussa is saying is that there is a chance he could show a glimmer of his upside which could have a high ceiling towards his bubble. Which is a hard sell in this economy.