What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: PPinDC on March 26, 2008, 09:36:49 PM
Going back and adding a lot of very old box sets and CDs to my PC music library to put on my MP3 player. Came across Tool's Lateralus and the Deftones White Pony. Holy shtein these were great albums.

Some of the lesser known stuff was Alklaine Trio's Goddamnit, and my ancient Tom Petty and Heartbreaker's box set "Playback".

Good farging CD. Havn't listened to it for a while....they just got done recording a new CD, should be out sometime this summer.

The Killers are alright...never liked them enough to go out and buy the CD's but the singles they release have been pretty good. Mr. Brightside, Smile Like You Mean It, When You Were Young, Read My Mind, etc...

Anyone know why they released a new CD so quickly after their last one? I don't even think there was 2 years before releases....generally bands farg it up when they push to release a new CD so quickly.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mussa

im sure you weighed out what bands did and didn't and related it to the time of their last release. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Munson

Damn dude, calm down. I'm just talking about bands in general. When a band gets big like that the record company pressures them to release a new CD asap and it tends to be not as good as the previous effort due to less time to write/record and such.

I was just surprised to see they had a new CD out soon.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mussa

shut up

Frank Zappa - Trance-Fusion
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

I've had R.E.M.'s new CD "Accelerate" on all morning.  Excellent stuff.  Kinda retro sounding but certainly better than anything they've done in the past 10 years.

mussa

mussa

Radiohead - In Rainbows  - wow, why i haven't heard this cd til now is a shame. amazing, might be my fav Radiohead album out of them all and my fav album of the year

Zappa - Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar

phattymatty

i hope you didn't give them money.

mussa

Diomedes

the new Raconteurs album is big long strides forward..much better than their first.

so much better it actually improves the first.  it puts the first one in context and you can get a feeling of them trying to put it together and halfway succeeding..only to follow with the sophmore effort which is fantastic
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: Munson on March 27, 2008, 04:52:35 PM
Quote from: PPinDC on March 26, 2008, 09:36:49 PM
Going back and adding a lot of very old box sets and CDs to my PC music library to put on my MP3 player. Came across Tool's Lateralus and the Deftones White Pony. Holy shtein these were great albums.

Some of the lesser known stuff was Alklaine Trio's Goddamnit, and my ancient Tom Petty and Heartbreaker's box set "Playback".

Good farging CD. Havn't listened to it for a while....they just got done recording a new CD, should be out sometime this summer.

New song from the CD.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DWjTdPk38v8

I dig it. A much different vibe then any of their other CDs....a new direction from Crimson, and IMO a better direction.

mussa

Ashes Divide - Billy Howerdel from A Perfect Circle, new band, some members of APC...Maynards kid plays cello on the cd...ha. Listening to it now...not bad

mussa

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace - A really excellent cd. Some deep song writing from Mr. Grohl
MUSE - HAARP - Live cd from England, made me want to see them more than before. they sound awesome live
NIN - The Slip - new/free cd from NIN, available for download. i gave it two listens today working and it sounded good
Ataxia - Ataxia II - unreleased cd of extra tracks from the first cd. i don't think this was ever finished, but it's pretty cool. this group is John Frusciante from the red hot chili peppers, Joe Lally from Fugazi and Josh Klinghoffer from a bunch of random bands

Seabiscuit36

Since i put it in the hiphop forum, if anyone wants an invite to a music site hit me up
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

Currently listening to a stream of "Rodrigo y Gabriela"...and I d/led their latest CD yesterday. Wow.