Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

I think the number of games fell in the 100-110 range during the strike season in 81.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 31, 2020, 09:25:22 PM
At first I thought you were drunk suggesting playing into winter.

thats way less insane than thinking a season is starting july 1
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 01, 2020, 03:15:07 AM
I think the number of games fell in the 100-110 range during the strike season in 81.

You got it.  The Phils played 107.

ice grillin you

people would be much better off with the mindset that no sports leagues are happening this year because thats more likely than not

phattymatty

I think the only sport that has a semi reasonable chance of being played this year is NBA in front of no crowds.  smaller numbers of players, only need a few tv/radio people to be tested prior. plus they seem to be the poster child for having their shtein together. 

ice grillin you

you mean thousands of big sweaty men arent going to be wrestling each other to the ground three times a week in four months?

phattymatty

lol. i mean technically baseball is already so boring there are players who could easily not touch anyone or get within 6 feet for an entire season. so i guess they could figure something out too. even though i'd rather watch video games than crowdless baseball.

Munson

If we could get mass testing to the point where teams could buy tons of those insta-tests and test their players and employees everyday as they come into work, we could maybe have some crowd-less games of any sport.

But people are still acting like idiots and our govt is so far behind where it needs to be in testing that we probably can't have that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

i just need to live in a headspace where baseball is going to happen even though i know its probably not
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

tbf babe def had some brotha in him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Reminds me of the Jeopardy scene in White Men can't Jump when Gloria answers a question about Wilt Chamberlain with "who is Babe Ruth"

MDS

QB Eagles

They might as well go nuts with it, it's gonna be a farged up season anyway.

General_Failure

If you're going to have an asterisk season, go whole hog with it. Try all the stupid changes you want to make. Go with Rock & Jock Softball rules.

The man. The myth. The legend.