Conlin on McNabb

Started by PhillyGirl, September 19, 2005, 07:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2005, 02:34:55 PM
its not that mcnabb doesnt win big games because he has...someone in as many as hes been in would almost have too...the problem is he more often than not is horrible in those situations

he single handedly lost the superbowl...that is why people bring up the big game thing in regards to that game

if peyton manning had the eagle defense of the last five years he would have won a super bowl...you might also say had mcnabb had mannings offensive weapons of the last five years he would have done the same...this is his second year of having that...last year he gagged...lets see what happens this year

what kills me is that the nfc has been an abomination for mcnabbs entire run and yet hes only been able to get to one superbowl with a team that has been very good/great defensively

Moronic post even for you, IGY.

Tomahawk

what kills me is that the nfc has been an abomination for mcnabbs entire run and yet hes only been able to get to one superbowl with a team that has been very good/great defensively

The first year the Eagles made the NFC Championship game, I was pretty suprised they even got there. If not for McNabb's fumble on the opening drive at the seven (7)? yard line, they may have won.  Irregardless, I was happy they even went. (The Rams were heavily favored against the Pats).

The second year when the Birds hosted the Bucs, I thought the game was a gimme. I still believe it was a combination of McNabb not fully healed from his injury and an incredibly good defense by the Bucs that lost that game. Remember, this was still fairly early in McNabb's career and he hadn't developed the ability to adapt to a blitzing defense. Tampa Bay's defense was on a roll ever since the last few games of the season. (Tampa Bay blew the farg out of the Raiders)

I blame Pinkston and Thrash for the loss to Carolina. If they could either catch the ball or at least drop it so it doesn't get intercepted, the Eagles win that game. Having a healthy Westbrook would have helped. (Carolina damn near beat the slightly favored Pats).

No need to recount the Superbowl. McNabb threw too many interceptions, but he still had the Eagles in position to win. I blame Reid for the lack of a two-minute offense.

Collectively, the NFC may be an abomination, but once the team reaches the Championship game, they're generally playing against the second best team in the conference, and apparently once, the best team in the NFL.

Wingspan

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 20, 2005, 04:07:50 PMNo need to recount the Superbowl. McNabb threw too many interceptions, but he still had the Eagles in position to win. I blame Reid for the lack of a two-minute offense.

i may be the only person who blames jim johnson and the defense for losing the superbowl. johnson totally chocked and failed to make any adjustment until it was too late. just look at the 3rd and early 4th quarter. the patriots marched right down the field on 3 of 4 drives and scored at will. they stop just ONE of those....it's an entirely different game.

mcnabb has his issues to, but the superbowl was lost before the 2 minute mark. (the offense left 10 point on the field in the 1st half, and the defense gave them 10 more in the 2nd)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhreak54

In today's Daily News it showed that Mr. Dandruff was supposed to be on DNL tonight with Dana O'Neil and Rich (cry about no one talking to the media) Hofman...

No Conlin tonight though.

Wonder if he got in trouble?

Phanatic

The Eagles lost the superbowl as a team. If the D played better... If McNabb.... If Andy... TEAM sport.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PhillyGirl

Phreak, I'm trying to find out now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Tomahawk

Quote from: Phanatic on September 20, 2005, 05:23:18 PM
The Eagles lost the superbowl as a team. If the D played better... If McNabb.... If Andy... TEAM sport.

True

General_Failure

I blame the superbowl on Trotter.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

Quote from: General_Failure on September 20, 2005, 05:35:11 PM
I blame the superbowl on Trotter.
:-D Yeah...........you would.

he single handedly lost the superbowl...that is why people bring up the big game thing in regards to that game

Geez, are you forgetting the constant blitzing, the piss poor play of the offensive line, and Teddy B's hit that could have given' him a concussion??

Man, that statment is just plain dumb.