Week One -- 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 04, 2014, 11:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 04, 2014, 10:37:29 PM
I heard a rumor that if you attach a metal rod to your TV, you can get this game for free.

i thought they went digital and you needed some kind of adapter or something to get the broadcast stations
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 04, 2014, 10:39:53 PM
Rodgers is playing zesty

You can't really judge him too harshly against Seattle because that defense is crushing everyone on his offense. But it wouldn't be shocking if Rodgers did look kind of ordinary this season. Even as an elite player two years ago, he seemed like yesterday's news with all the dynamic new QBs and offenses breaking out. And he's coming off a major career interrupting injury.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2014, 10:44:45 PM
I heard a rumor that if you attach a metal rod to your TV, you can get this game for free.

i thought they went digital and you needed some kind of adapter or something to get the broadcast stations

The signal can still be picked up with rabbit ears. I'm using them (haven't had cable in 3 years). The tuner part comes with the TV if you've bought one in the last 7 years or so.

ice grillin you

green bay wr's are almost as bad as the eagles
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

I got a feeling this kinda close first half game isn't going to end very close.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 04, 2014, 10:49:31 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2014, 10:44:45 PM

The signal can still be picked up with rabbit ears. I'm using them (haven't had cable in 3 years). The tuner part comes with the TV if you've bought one in the last 7 years or so.

interesting

can you do hd with the tuner? outside of the phillies there is 0 reason to get cable...espn and tnt both have apps for live sports.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2014, 10:54:34 PMcan you do hd with the tuner? outside of the phillies there is 0 reason to get cable...espn and tnt both have apps for live sports.

Absolutely, the signal is HD and looks great. Obviously you can be at the mercy of bad lines of sight and severe weather, but if the signal is available to you, it looks good.

I have MLB.tv for the Phillies, but I'm out of town and don't have to worry much about blackouts. Of course my MLB.tv money was kind of pissed away this year anyway.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it picks up HD with rabbit ears.

We did it in the office for the world cup

MDS

yea i was in that spot...now i aint. but actually i read that they are considering lifting mlb.tv blackouts. in some way shape or form all the local sports stations are going to offer live streaming games on the interwebs. the sixers i think do already.

cord cutting is here

PhillyPhreak54

Eddie Lacy is a farging beast

General_Failure

I didn't know Prevent included half-assing your tackling.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

So do the Pakers just not cover the left side of the field or what?

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on September 04, 2014, 11:09:49 PM
I didn't know Prevent included half-assing your tackling.

Really? That was a key component of the Eagles prevent for the whole Reid era.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2014, 11:00:04 PM
yea i was in that spot...now i aint. but actually i read that they are considering lifting mlb.tv blackouts. in some way shape or form all the local sports stations are going to offer live streaming games on the interwebs. the sixers i think do already.

cord cutting is here

Yeah, if only there was a company like Aero.. wait
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons