The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Quote from: phattymatty on May 24, 2013, 04:01:27 PM
they opened up a new costco in dc recently that has a liquor aisle. it's amazing.

anyway i've seen rumors on the internet for years that the costco brand (kirkland) vodka comes from the same distillery as grey goose. bought the biggest bottle i've ever seen (1.75 liters) and it cost $13.

have not tried it yet but plan to today. will report back.

Have you checked out their steaks yet? Great prime grade delmonico, strip, and filet for the same price or less you usually find choice cuts for. They generally have pretty good prices at the liquor store but some things aren't a particularly good buy. I've had good luck with the Kirkland brand, usually a good buy but not as good as some would have you believe when being sourced from premium producers, even when branded (for example the Kirkland Macallan 15 year old scotch isn't nearly as Macallan's own, but it is maybe half the price so it's still  a good deal).

Btw, have you tried Fentimans tonic? I like it more than Fever Tree, which I think is very good. Q on the other hand is way overpriced crap imo (too bitter and dry).

hbionic

http://www.bigskybrew.com/Our%20Beer

Just had the 'Moose Drool' Brown Ale the other day at happy hour. If you're in the mood for something dark like a porter, but want the 'lite version', this is it. Good tasting beer. I think it may have been my first Brown Ale as well. Pretty darn good.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

my new take to a party/cookout birthday present bottle...bought a case of it a few weeks ago

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

That shtein looks like it will put unwanted hair on my chest.

Still not a bourbon/whiskey kinda 'guy.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

anyone on here on Untapped?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

im leaving for upstate ny at 130 or 2 (7.5 hr drive) when my girl gets home from a concert....plan A was to go to bed at like 6 or 7 and have her wake me up when she gets home...plan b took over which was to drink bourbon from 4-8 and let it put me to sleepies...plan c is now in effect....still drinking bourbon and want to not go to sleep

Diomedes

I'm about to embark on a similar trip, only I'm going the wrong direction.  North Carolina.  If I don't come back, you'll know they got me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

outer banks??....actually you seem more like a asheville mountain man

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

This shtein is righteous.  Drank a few at the ball game last night.  Tasty.

phattymatty

so kids are smoking (vaporizing) booze now.

i've done more dumb shtein than anyone i know but these kids are crazy. it's like a night of boozing in an instant. i'm impressed, proud, disgusted and sad for them at the same time.

General_Failure

At least they know that liquor enemas are fatal and stay away from those?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

how effin lazy is society today....farg hanging out all night and getting drunk with friends....instead blast a speedball of flavored vodka up my nose so I can jump back on facebook real quick

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on June 30, 2013, 07:04:19 AM

This shtein is righteous.  Drank a few at the ball game last night.  Tasty.

The true Hawaiian in you is coming out!  Kona Brewing also makes Longboard Lager which I really enjoyed until Hawaii 5-0 shoved it down our throats with all the product placement.  The McGarret to Dan-o "How bout a Longboard" lines make me quite ill.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.