The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Yes you're right, I remember the name Matador now that you mention it.

mussa

When IGY gets drunk it brings out the white in him
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Eagaholic

That would explain the margaritas

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dillen on January 14, 2011, 02:52:33 PM
where in NY igy, upstate NY is unfortunately kind of my thing

ticonderoga
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

They have a Best Western there that's actually pretty decent, nice indoor pool and hot tub. If you go back there they have a real good create your own pasta night each week.

hbionic

You son of a bitch Eagaholic, you know everything...I'm starting to think you're some kind of superhero that wanders the U.S. and posts on the internet random interestings here and there every once in a while; often.

Who are you, and what do you want with us?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagaholic

I am an extragalactic source-being and I have come to your planet to obtain roofies.

General_Failure

Well that's easy. Just go out for drinks with any number of people here.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 15, 2011, 03:33:00 AM
They have a Best Western there that's actually pretty decent, nice indoor pool and hot tub. If you go back there they have a real good create your own pasta night each week.

went there in october last time i was up....the food was terrible but the place is super nice with the big fire places and the whole ski lodge thing is a good look

Eagaholic

I never found anywhere else in town that was god for dinner but Burleigh's was great for a cheap breakfast and lunch was decent.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on January 15, 2011, 06:05:16 AM
Well that's easy. Just go out for drinks with any number of people here.

I may be used to rancid slime oozing invertebrates where come from, but I still have my standards.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 15, 2011, 04:46:24 PM
I never found anywhere else in town that was god for dinner but Burleigh's was great for a cheap breakfast and lunch was decent.

yeah thats bunnys...awesome down home diner type grub...great milkshakes too

the country club which is only open in the summer has some good food here and there on the menu...and the carillion is tolerable...but basically the food here is atrocious...stick to whiskey and beer

how the hell do you know anything about ti

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 06, 2011, 01:01:05 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on January 02, 2011, 02:29:31 AM
Wife took me into a cool store that specializes in wine the other night.  Opened a few years ago and just never got around to going. Place was awesome!  They also had a nice assortment of spirits.  Huge assortment of Tequila.

Can anyone recommend a good Tequila?  We just finished a bottle of Silver Patron.  I'd like to try something different.    

Don, try the Patron anejo. It has great flavor and is quite a bit different than the silver which isn't aged. Put it in the freezer and it is hard to find a smoother liquor.

For Philly folks, I ran into a guy over the holidays at the state store who is the head bartender at a Mexican place that just opened in Wayne off the Blue Route. Don't remember the name but can probably google it. He said they now have 75 tequilas and should be getting another 75 over the next few weeks. Also stumbled upon a place in Horsham with the same, and a great chicken mole' (on Horsham road across from Gavins sports bar). Stumbled back out a couple of hours later. Recommended if anyone is ever in the area and tequila questing.

In fact Don, if you want to try this place I can arrange for you to stay at my P's place there and I'll stay at your place in Hawaii. Deal? 

Deal.  Make it in September when we can catch a birds and bums game I'll throw in Grace Park as your personal maid.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

Grace Park definitely makes that deal fly

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 06:16:26 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on January 15, 2011, 04:46:24 PM

yeah thats bunnys...awesome down home diner type grub...great milkshakes too

the country club which is only open in the summer has some good food here and there on the menu...and the carillion is tolerable...but basically the food here is atrocious...stick to whiskey and beer

how the hell do you know anything about ti

I was working up there on and off for 3-4 months a couple of years ago. Had the good sense to leave before the winter. Flying into Albany and driving by Lake George is as beautiful a scenery as there is on the planet, but throw some ice on those hairpin turns while drivers gawk at the view and water rescues aren't uncommon. Best Western has a terrific rewards program, racked up $450 of store credit I used at Best Buy as half my payment for a sweet Martin guitar on sale  :yay