Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on November 29, 2021, 08:44:19 PM
If there's going to be a week where he goes on IR, it's this one.

they are a game out of the playoffs....thats not happening

if you go by whos favored their schedule has two wins two losses and a toss up so they are going to end up with 8 or 9 wins which should have it in the 10-19 range

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Whichever pick it is, it was stolen, take it and run.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 29, 2021, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on November 29, 2021, 08:44:19 PM
If there's going to be a week where he goes on IR, it's this one.
they are a game out of the playoffs....thats not happening

if you go by whos favored their schedule has two wins two losses and a toss up so they are going to end up with 8 or 9 wins which should have it in the 10-19 range

I don't think they stash him, I'm saying his body literally falls apart during the game and ends his season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote"To be blunt, that's Philly," Wentz says now. "That's just who they are. They're passionate. It made it a lot of fun for a lot of years playing there. They're always passionate. They're blunt.

"I think I was the same guy, giving it everything I could on the field and everything I could off the field to make a difference. I can only control who I am. I can't let that type of stuff change me."

https://theathletic.com/2986286/2021/11/30/carson-wentz-chapter-2-life-after-the-benching-the-trade-the-hate-as-he-revives-his-career-with-the-colts/

not a day goes by that im not happy hes gone....he would have easily passed 5 as my most despised philly athlete
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Diomedes

Howie managed to dump him and got a first round pick along the way .. Does a guy get credit for bailing himself out of a problem he invited?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

If the Eagles hadn't blown it last week they'd have the exact same record without Wentz as the Colts have with him. 

Is he a better QB than Hurts?  Probably.

Is he worth the constant bellyaching that went on with him in Philly?  Uh no. 

I would rather watch a guy like Hurts for the next half decade than put up with Ginger Jesus for one more second.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 30, 2021, 06:50:25 PM
Is he a better QB than Hurts?  Probably.

i dont want him back or anything but lol no not probably one billion percent definitely

say what you want about him being zealot and a big baby but hes a good (not great) qb having a nice year

Rome

Well, he's usually injured, can't run, wildly misfires on passes, holds on to the ball too long, takes too many sacks, zeroes in on his primary reads, and turns the ball over too much.

Hurts does all of those things too BUT he can run and his teammates love him despite his obvious shortcomings.

Look, I'm not saying I heart Hurts like some brain dead homer.  He's obviously not great but I'm absolutely saying I'd rather have him over Wentz any day of the week precisely because he's a good guy and not some midwestern Bible thumping Trumper. 

MDS

carson is a tier 2 qb...hes a quality starter in this league. hurts is a backup who forces you to play one dimensionally because he cant throw.

this isnt a debate
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

wentz is just ahead of patrick mahomes in qb rating

hurtz is just ahead of davis mills

General_Failure

They don't get a ring without Wentz, so whatever kind of player he is that at least puts him ahead of McNabb.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 30, 2021, 08:58:18 PM
wentz is just ahead of patrick mahomes in qb rating

hurtz is just ahead of davis mills

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on November 30, 2021, 08:15:17 PM
carson is a tier 2 qb...hes a quality starter in this league. hurts is a backup who forces you to play one dimensionally because he cant throw.

this isnt a debate

Which one do you prefer as an Eagle?

Don Ho

Agreed no Wentz in 2017 = No Parade.

11-2 and he was on another level.  That Rams game where he almost lost a limb, he was on MVP pace.  Foles looked like ass the Giants, Raiders and Cowboys game, stunk in the Atlanta game and Minnesota NFCCG was the coming out party. 

Yes, Wentz has been a complete bitch since the leg injury but no denying he was on fire in 2017 and we all thought he was the next elite QB.  Unfortunatley Hurts fire is a smoldering tire fire.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.