Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

the sooner we all face that the better.  Despite the smartest man in the football universe thinking he got the next Russel Wilson, Hurts will be an adequate backup, that is all.  Maybe he'll get a Nick Foles moment and go on a nice playoff run if someone gets injured. 

Nice if Zach Wilson falls to 6 but he's climbing everyone's draft board.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

hurts has a little higher ceiling than backup...its rare to drastically improve your accuracy (josh allen did it), but if he can do that he's not far away from tier 2/3 starter. which makes him fairly valuable while on a rookie deal.

of course none of that really matters. the plan is to trade wentz, bottom out and land at the top of the draft in 2022
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

hurts main problem isnt accuracy (it is a problem) as much as there are so many nfl throws he cant make...thats primarily why his completion % is heinous not cause the ball is rarely where it needs to be...he was more accurate in college cause he was running out of a pistol and making mostly high % throws against college players that were inferior to his

hurts is limited by talent something josh allen oozes

hurts is a perfect back-up because in an in game replacement scenario you can run packages for him that the defense didnt prepare a lick for and in a 1 or 2 game scenario you can get away with the stuff he does in a small sample...as a starter tho the guy isnt the answer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Hurts definitely has talent I just don't know if he could develop into a QB who could lead them to a SB. He has a much better personality than Wentz, is more of a leader, and the team clearly responded to him once he was made the starter. I'm willing to give him a few years to see if there's anything there.

Rumors swirling the Bears are the leading team - which makes sense...if they can somehow keep ARob and turn Wentz around they could make some noise. They seem to be fed up with the qb carousel but Defillipo is there and Wentz reportedly had issues with him. If Howie can pull a 1st I'd call it a win. Anything beyond that is gravy.

QB Eagles

Hurts is nothing special and shouldn't have anything to do with what the Eagles choose to do about Wentz.

Rome

If Roseman gets two firsts for Wentz I will kiss his ass on top of Billy Pena's hat.

General_Failure

The downside is Howie will be making the draft selections.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

QuoteA trade shipping Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz out of Philadelphia is expected to happen soon, sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter.

When Mort and Schefty report it it's legit close

QB Eagles

Predictions:
It happens Tuesday
It's the Bears
A single 1st
BDN is in the trade
Bears fans riot

ice grillin you

Shefty is straight garbage...he never reports shtein...he basically gives a non specific most vague possible answer on everything like he's scared to be wrong

for example...

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1358147327282806787 21

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 06, 2021, 03:16:04 PM
Hurts is nothing special and shouldn't have anything to do with what the Eagles choose to do about Wentz.

Too early to say that...I hated the pick but he played better than I thought he would. He has the tools and mentality just don't know if he can translate that into a top qb. I don't think his accuracy is as bad as what's being made out. I'm willing to give him one full year as a starter before making a judgment

ice grillin you

what??  He was mostly awful and that's with no book on him

QB Eagles

Hurts could easily be the starter next year if they don't like who's left available in the draft, I just don't think you make any decision on Wentz on the assumption that Hurts is part of the long term solution.

They have nine figures tied up in Wentz. If you think he's irrevocably broken or the relationship is unfixable, you ship him out and get back what you can. Otherwise you keep him. What they do isn't really driven by who is quarterbacking the team in '21. They aren't winning the Super Bowl next season. Or many other games.

SD

Quote from: Rome on February 06, 2021, 03:33:55 PM
If Roseman gets two firsts for Wentz I will kiss his ass on top of Billy Pena's hat.

Pure speculation with the rumors I'm reading but it seems a 1st, a mid round pick and maybe Foles back if it's the Bears. Some guy with sources said the Bears threw a low ball offer then the Colts topped that and the Bears doubled down. I'd rather not have Foles back - love me some BDN - but he'd just be a distraction. Same guy said Eagles wanted something similar to what the Lions got for Stanford. Who knows. I'd be thrilled with a 1st.

General_Failure

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 06, 2021, 03:57:45 PM
Predictions:
It happens Tuesday
It's the Bears
A single 1st
BDN is in the trade
Bears fans riot

If it is the Bears, Foles is in the deal regardless. There's no chance Wentz will want to be on the same team as him again.

The man. The myth. The legend.