Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State  B- Grade   

As with the Rams' grade, I'm going to have to penalize Philadelphia for its trade. I gave the Eagles a Millen on my NFL Draft Trade Grades page, as they surrendered way too much. Even if Wentz hits, Philadelphia will struggle to maintain success because of a lack of resources. Think about what happened to the Falcons in the wake of the Julio Jones deal. Matt Ryan is a solid quarterback, and Jones obviously panned out, but Atlanta hasn't visited the playoffs in a while because of a severe lack of depth. Unless Wentz is the next Andrew Luck and can single-handedly carry the Eagles as Luck does with the Colts in a soft division, Philadelphia will have trouble consistently reaching the postseason for quite a while.

Having said that, I think Wentz is the better option, so the Eagles will be given a full letter grade higher than the Rams. Wentz is seen as the superior signal-caller by most of our NFL contacts, and it's easy to understand why. While the rail-thin Jared Goff played in a goofy spread system and maintained a losing record in college, Wentz won and was more accurate in a pro system, and he doesn't look like he'll snap in half at any second.

While it would probably be better for the Eagles to wait a year or two to land a franchise quarterback - again, check the 2017 NFL Mock Draft for what appear to be two top-five signal-callers next April - it seems like Wentz is the better option of the two available in this class.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

probably some dork who if you pull up his breakdowns from 5 years ago will be wrong about everything
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 30, 2016, 08:13:41 PM
probably some dork who if you pull up his breakdowns from 5 years ago will be wrong about everything

he gave it a B-

does that hurt your feelings....or you trying to get that crown from J

MDS

i didnt even see the grade....but his shtein is just weak

the falcons havent missed the playoffs because of the julio jones trade. in fact it was almost worth it because they were a play from the super bowl a few years ago. they lost some picks, but drafted poorly with the ones they had and had a terrible head coach. their qb regressed. the colts part is nonsense. their gm is the worst in football.

the eagles wont have trouble reaching the playoffs because of this 1 trade. theres 1000 other things going against them, namely their doofus head coach.

hes a draft wonk whose entire existence is surrounded around the draft so of course hes going to act like its the be all end all
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sure the falcons were...they were gutted from getting talent at important positions (ie OL) because of all the picks...but even if you don't think so giving up a million picks for csrson wentz is pretty suspect

same as wash....almost always does the team giving up all the picks lose in trades like this....if wentz or goff were considered that good two teams wouldn't have given them up

and even with all that they got a B-....be happy

MDS

i got c's growing up so a b- is cool

cept the teacher is a dork and i have no idea what back channel of the internet you pulled that nonsense from

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 30, 2016, 08:31:19 PM
i got c's growing up so a b- is cool

cept the teacher is a dork and i have no idea what back channel of the internet you pulled that nonsense from

Extremeskins draft guide prob

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote"Yeah, I've seen him play a little bit. Obviously I know he was a top pick and everything, not too many years ago, and obviously I know he was with the Rams and everything, and now here. But you know, I haven't watched a ton of film on him. I watched a lot of film on guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers, those types of things. So I don't know as much as some of the other guys."

General_Failure

I can't wait to see him and Pederson do Waiting for Godot.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

No, that's a guy who always has roofies ready to go.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

towel going directly down his dick