where do philly sports rank in your life...

Started by ice grillin you, March 02, 2006, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Eagles, Phillies, Temple hoops- 8
Sixers- 5
Flyers- 2
temple football- -50
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2006, 10:28:52 AM
on a scale of 1-10 assign a number to each of the four philly (*or whoever your favorite team may be) major sports teams in terms of importance in your overall life (drafting...trades...w/l's....coaches....players...whatever)...you may care equally about philly sports as a whole and in that case one rating may cover all four teams

*- hunt dont bother rating the yankees...we dont have a number for bandwagon whore

10 - life and death importance....family importance....

8 -  crucial importance...you get chronic depression when they lose and over the top up with a win...your fandom puts stress on your significant other realtionships

5 -  you get upset at wins and losses...but thats all you really care about...you dont follow training camps and prospects ect...

3 - you enjoy sports and want all the teams to do well but wouldnt hesitate to miss a game...even a playoff game...however when a team makes a deep playoff run you get into it

1 - hockey sucks

Eagles - 8
Flyers - 6
Phillies - 4 (would be higher if ownership sucked less)
Sixers - 2

NBA Basketball blows goats.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

Feva

Eagles - 9 (There are people who've vowed to never watch an Eagles game with me again.  I don't think she'll divorce me though.)
Wolverines - 6
Knicks - 5.5
Mets - 3
Soul - 2
Sabres - 0
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Knicks. ------> :-D (point and laugh at Feva) ;)

Eagles - 10
Phillies - 8
Sixers - 6
Flyers - 5
Soul - 3

stalker

Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 02, 2006, 08:53:35 PM
Knicks. ------> :-D (point and laugh at Feva) ;)

;D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think many people who are posting 9/10 are either exaggerators or liars.  I was certainly in that range when I was still unmarried, like when the Eagles lost to the Rams in the NFC Championship game and I went to bed immediately... at 7:30 pm... because I was too depressed to try to function.

But I simply have too much shtein to do to allow myself to stop functioning when the Eagles take it up the pooper anymore.  Internally, I'm really pissed, but I at least have learned to function somewhat.

Plus, if you're above 7 on any of the other Philly teams, I really pity you.

Feva

rjs246

QuoteI think many people who are posting 9/10 are either exaggerators or liars.  I was certainly in that range when I was still unmarried, like when the Eagles lost to the Rams in the NFC Championship game and I went to bed immediately... at 7:30 pm... because I was too depressed to try to function.

But I simply have too much shtein to do to allow myself to stop functioning when the Eagles take it up the pooper anymore.  Internally, I'm really pissed, but I at least have learned to function somewhat.

Plus, if you're above 7 on any of the other Philly teams, I really pity you.

Way to take a stupid thread topic way too literally. Of course some of the same thoughts went through my head when I was replying, but at least I didn't voice them like a little girl.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

stalker

MDS

Sucking John Chaney's cock 100,000,000,000
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

SD_Eagle5

Eagles 8.5/9
Flyers, Sixers, Phillies, PSU football 7/7.5

I have mood swings which explains why my numbers fluctuate.