The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 06, 2010, 08:36:47 PM
Another foot plus coming to the South Jersey/Philly area mid-week....this one will hit up NY and Boston though, so you guys down south will be spared.

How far down south are you talking? I've been hearing since the storm started we'd be getting another one midweek on Delmarva. I hope you're right.

PhillyGirl

DC but not farther than that. Although that could be wrong, of course.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quoteit's becoming increasingly likely that a fresh blizzard will strike portions of the east coast on Tuesday/Wednesday, with the heaviest snows stretching from Philadelphia, PA to New York City, NY. More than a foot of snow is possible in this area.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

and then some good rain a couple of days later for some white water canoeing around the neighborhood.

phillymic2000

the storm is taqking shape, we are expecting 6-12" tomorrow night in northern illinois before it moves off to the east. Maybe I'll be the coolest posting pics of the storm while I'm out plowing!!

PhillyGirl

Nice to see Philly/NJ right in the white.

QB Eagles

Gotta love Accuweather with the highly technical meteorological terminology... "immoblizing", "dirsuptive", "explodes".

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

just about every model says 1-2 feet

one other model says 6-8 inches

farger
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Explodes Wednesday" & "Immobilizing" That's got to be encouraging news.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Cars parked friday night as the storm was getting under way

Vs. the next day/evening

Main Street

Good storm. Can't wait til wednesday.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

The snow was melting pretty good yesterday afternoon. The back roads are looking pretty clear here now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

We got some good melting anywhere the sun could get to the blacktop, but that wasn't enough since most roads are under packed ice.  Our street is clear only in front of my alley/driveway, because I actually shoveled the street clean.  MLK is apparently still under packed ice, and many side streets are untouched by plows.  I ain't going out on the roads today.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger