Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: Double J on March 28, 2005, 03:16:48 PM
I just bought Brothers in Arms yesterday, so far it is very cool.  The only thing I don't like thus far is the acting in the animated portions definately below par.

i saw that over the weekend. do you actually play as the real members of Easy Company? (lipton, winters, Guarnere...etc)?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

ok not really to do with actual games, but i have a question about the network adapter for the PS2.  I went today to buy it and then read the back and realized i wasn't sure how it is set-up.

First i'll explain my set-up.  I have my tv and playstation in the basement.  I have my computer and cable internet upstairs in my studio.

Do i need to run an ethernet cable from my studio upstairs to the basement or get a wireless router plug something into the ps2 network adapter? 

Or is there such thing as a cable to ethernet converter cord?  Is the network adapter for the PS2 an actual modem?  Im confused?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Wingspan

Quote from: mussa on March 28, 2005, 05:08:28 PM
Do i need to run an ethernet cable from my studio upstairs to the basement or get a wireless router plug something into the ps2 network adapter? 

pretty much

Or is there such thing as a cable to ethernet converter cord? 

nope

Is the network adapter for the PS2 an actual modem? 

nope
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

thanks wingy - now it all makes sense. 
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

I picked up NARC today.  Pretty good so far especially for 19.99.  The actual gameplay graphics are pretty oldschool sort of like syphon filter for PS.  I've only played about an hours worth but i would have to say for the money its pretty entertaining and worth the cash.  Plus SuperFly is playing in the background when your beating up hippies and stealing they're stash  :yay
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

I read the other day that Take Two (the folks that put out the ESPN 2kx games) made an exclusive arrangement with the MLB players-- just like EA did for the NFL.  So, that means the essential end of the line for EA's MLB series.  So, no competition for baseball or football games unless they strike some sort of alternative arrangement.

MURP

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Wingspan on March 28, 2005, 03:45:29 PM
Quote from: Double J on March 28, 2005, 03:16:48 PM
I just bought Brothers in Arms yesterday, so far it is very cool.  The only thing I don't like thus far is the acting in the animated portions definately below par.

i saw that over the weekend. do you actually play as the real members of Easy Company? (lipton, winters, Guarnere...etc)?

No, they are made up names from what I can tell.  I don't believe they say what company you are just that the are the 101st.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

LilSusqBirder

I picked up Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on Tuesday for X-Box.  The multiplayer is so sweet!  There is almost no lag on X-Box Live unlike Halo 2.  Everybody should go check this game out!

If anyone else has X-Box Live post your tag... My tag is Ramrod287

General_Failure

Finally got Jade Empire today. It looks and plays great, and the voice acting isn't bad either. If you liked KOTOR but don't care for turn based combat you've got to pick it up.

Also, I think this needs to be mentioned. Hot asian chicks.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

Revenge of the Sith the video game hits stores May 5th. From the looks of the trailer this game is going to be amazing!

mussa

Whatever stars wars.

i have NBA STREET VOL. 3 now on my game pass---its cool--worth a rent.