TOOOOOOO!

Started by WEST is GOD, October 04, 2005, 07:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

General_Failure

They might have been better off leaving out that part about the professionally manicured ground. That's not the best looking lawn I've ever seen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

id pay 4.4 for that if it came with felicia....in her panties and phoenix suns jersey
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

QuoteThe items listed below shall be transferred as they now appear in their present condition...
Window Treatments (Shades)
Window Treatments (Drapes)
Window Treatments (Curtains)
Window Treatments (Mini-Blinds)
Mail Box
Keys to the Mail Box
Hose and Holder

Man, what a nice guy...

QuoteFlat Screen Television in Family Room

hmmm....well since he's including that, I might put in a bid...  :deion

jeffreyjpa

As I mentioned to you earlier Ed, how farged up is this guy that he's got a "Cigar Room" but won't eat cheese steaks...   ;)

Rome

QuotePosted on Sat, Oct. 29, 2005

Bob Ford | How to get T.O. to talk: Be sneaky

By Bob Ford

Inquirer Columnist

Normally, it doesn't really bother me that Terrell Owens won't talk to me. I try not to take these things personally. After all, it isn't as if Terrell won't talk to only me. He won't talk to just about everyone in the media.

There are a few exceptions. He will speak to Michael Irvin on one of those NFL pregame shows, although I couldn't even tell you which network that is. And every now and then, he'll stop for a television camera if he is in the mood. That was the case at practice this week, when Colleen Dominguez of ESPN got a brief interview during which Owens said that he and Brian Westbrook should get the ball more often. Oooh.

The ESPN people were so happy after getting Terrell on camera they were high-fiving afterward, and that's when it hit me. Getting Terrell Owens to answer your question is a big deal these days. If you're going to be a big-time player, you have to find a way to get that question answered.

Now, Terrell is hardly the first athlete who wouldn't speak to me. I can remember coming into the Phillies' clubhouse and seeing Bake McBride with a big rectangle of athletic tape across his mouth after a game. I can remember the glacial stare of Steve Carlton. But Carlton wouldn't converse with anyone. Didn't matter if it was Bryant Gumbel or Bus Saidt. He wasn't talking.

Owens is more of a challenge. He's out there to be landed if you happen to be in the right boat.

So the only question was whether to be straightforward - march up to the man, state your business, and then watch him turn away as if you were lint on the rug - or to be sneaky.

Careful readers will be able to guess my decision.

It seems that, for whatever reason, Owens is a regular weekly guest on the Miami radio show of Dan Le Batard, a very popular program on 790-The Ticket in which the Miami Herald columnist dominates the local drive time. Or drive-by time, since we're talking about Miami.

The show is picked up every Friday evening by WIP-AM (610) and broadcast during Howard Eskin's show. WIP reportedly paid $50,000 for the rights, which should tell you how rare and valuable Owens' words have become.

I called Le Batard, but there was something wrong with the phones down there this week. Something about a storm. Persistent as always, I sent him an e-mail saying I had some questions I wanted him to ask Owens. He replied, grousing about the hurricane and saying he had no phone line and could only get on a computer once a day. Sheesh. And he told me to send the list.

It was then I realized I needed to come up with some questions.

Actually, I did have a couple. I wanted to know if Owens was frustrated because quarterback Donovan McNabb has seemed unable to throw a deep pass for the last month or so. He didn't have a completion longer than 23 yards against Dallas and, except for a 36-yarder to Billy McMullen, his longest completion in the San Diego game was 15 yards.

Also, in a related matter, I wanted to know why Owens seems to be catching the ball and then making a direct turn toward the sideline these days. He has always been a receiver who makes significant yardage after the catch, but appears to be looking to get out of bounds and avoid contact. Is he protecting himself from injury, unwilling to put his body on the line for an organization that wouldn't improve his contract? Just wondering.

I didn't hear back from Dan - must have been that hurricane - but waited expectantly when the show came on last night. As you can imagine, when my questions were asked, I was ecstatic. I put a dish towel over my arm, put my notebook in an upturned hand, and paraded around the living room like a waiter.

Answering the first question, Owens said, "Well, you know there's really nothing I can do about that. I've really been at peace with myself, and I've said to myself there's no reason for me to get frustrated when you know the obvious."

He added, "Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get any deep throws for whatever reason. I can't really speculate into that."

Owens tried to dance around the question about running out of bounds, which Le Batard acknowledged came by e-mail from a listener, before T.O. finally declared: "He's watching a different game than everybody else."

Maybe so. Must be my imagination.

Terrell didn't make much news last night. He has previously said that he wouldn't have signed with the Eagles or played in the Super Bowl if he knew how he'd eventually be treated.

Last night, he just gave a "no comment" when asked if he'd be in Philly next season. He said he was selling his Moorestown house because "I want to, and it's mine." Those were the highlights.

He did mention that since joining the Eagles, the team is 13-0 when he plays and scores a touchdown and 4-4 when he plays but doesn't score a touchdown. Those statistics speak for themselves, Owens said.

Interesting, and the kind of thing that deserves a follow-up. If I can only get Michael Irvin to answer the phone, I've got just the question for him.

>:D

PhillyGirl

I read that and emailed Ford to tell him he sounded like a jilted lover stalking his ex.

Pathetic. The media hacks in this world are PATHETIC.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I actually got a chuckle out of it.

I wonder how T.O.'s gonna feel when he finds out LeBatard aided and abetted a conspiracy involving a Philly sportswriter?

Shocking.  Shocking, I say.

:-D

PhillyPhreak54

The most disturbing/pathetic thing was Brookovers piece yesterday...

Bob actually, and I'm not bullshteintin, reported that TO's locker was a mess and that boxes jutted 3 feet out into the room and no one had the audacity to tell him to clean up. :-D

Feva

It's not so sneaky when you write an article for all of Philadelphia to see is it?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews