DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

If those guys could afford to run a dog fighting ring and kennel, they wouldn't be truck drivers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: reese125 on September 12, 2011, 12:55:12 PM
Never understand why someone compares a professional athlete (elite no less) to the rest of america's working class when it comes to negotiating what they should get paid.

There is no comparison. Ever.

Because when someone makes a statement such as "I still can't believe be played without getting paid" and he's already making money within the top 5%-10% of the rest of the country...thenI'm calling bullshtein. Sure he's underpaid by NFL standards and I hope he gets a new deal, but he's making enough money to live comfortably.

Hawk

Quote from: SD on September 12, 2011, 03:21:47 PM
Never understand why someone compares a professional athlete (elite no less) to the rest of america's working class when it comes to negotiating what they should get paid.

Because when someone makes a statement such as "I still can't believe be played without getting paid" and he's already making money within the top 5%-10% of the rest of the country...thenI'm calling bullshtein. Sure he's underpaid by NFL standards and I hope he gets a new deal, but he's making enough money to live comfortably.

Yes, but he does something that less than .001% of the population can do.   

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

charlie

I've never really understood why fans even care what the players make.

Besides, don't think they're going to give him a long deal when he can play out this deal and then franchise him twice. (IMO, he deserves a new contract.. i just don't think he'll get one)

Rome

Well, I care because I have season tickets and help pay his salary with money out of my pocket.  Sure, it's a small amount, but still...

And even I think he's woefully underpaid compared to his peers, but I don't lose sleep over his "misfortune".

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: Hawk on September 12, 2011, 03:47:51 PM

I'm sure the percentage of brain surgeons is very low when taken in the context of America's population, yet I don't see anyone giving a shtein when one's underpaid.

Hawk

Quote from: SD on September 12, 2011, 05:37:33 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 12, 2011, 03:47:51 PM

I'm sure the percentage of brain surgeons is very low when taken in the context of America's population, yet I don't see anyone giving a shtein when one's underpaid.

I scored some front row seats to a brain surgery on Saturday at 11?  You In?

SD

No...but if you ever get brain cancer (and we pray!) I hope the surgeon you get is underpaid.

Tomahawk

Why go to a surgeon if you get brain cancer? Accept your lot in life

PoopyfaceMcGee

shorebird

Can't say enough about his play, blocking his ass off down field, a td saving tackle while hustling his ass off, plus being his usual self in the passing game, what more does he have to do??

Mad-Lad

Quote from: shorebird on September 19, 2011, 06:45:19 AM
what more does he have to do??

Lower his inflated Rosensaus contract demands would be my guess

reese125

I want him paid, but these type of performances are not good when you're trying to convince and ice a blockbuster deal.

Sure he hustles, blocks and stretches the field, but coming in and out of games, missing sure handed td's each game and finishing a high scoring game with only 2 catches and 20 some odd yards is not going to get you paid what you want.

Eagles probably said let's wait till the break to see where hes at then we'll pay him accordingly.