Shedon Brown Blog From PE.Com

Started by Rome, August 14, 2005, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

QuoteBROWN BLOG: FUN STARTS NOW 

August 14, 2005

In his fourth season as an Eagle, cornerback Sheldon Brown has high goals for the team and for himself. He is keeping a blog for PhiladelphiaEagles.com throughout the season...

PITTSBURGH -- "We've gone through three weeks of practice and it didn't take long to get tired of hitting the same guys, many of the players that we'll have this season. I'm looking forward to the fun of the game against Pittsburgh. It's on national television, which means everyone will be watching the game and that will add something to a preseason game.

"I use a preseason game as a way to practice. If I have the mentality that I will improve every time I'm the field, I will be a better player. So I will take the opportunity to play against the Steelers as a chance to improve myself.

"The starters won't play too much, but it will be enough time to get our timing back in a real-game situation. The Steelers did a good job against us when we played them last year, so we want to play well.

"Training camp was an important time for us. I felt the defense came together. We're shooting for the stars this year. I think we can have the best defense in the league. That is our goal.

"One thing that helped in the camp was the fact that we've all played together for so long. We had no problems communicating with each other in practice; the back seven worked great together.

"Training camp was pretty hectic for a lot of people, but I didn't feel it. I tune things out and when there were so many people covering Terrell (Owens) and his situation, I was able to focus on my job. That's very important. We can't get caught up in his situation. I feel that he's my teammate and that if he wants to come in and play, I'll welcome him. We have a great chemistry on this team, so it's important that we keep together.

"As far as the idea that T.O. let us down as teammates, I don't feel that way at all. He's taking care of his business. When it comes time for football, I think he will be here and on board with us and ready to win the Super Bowl.

"Being on the road is something you have to do. Breaking training camp and then leaving for a road game is a bit of a hassle, but it's OK. You have to pack up your dorm room and get everything together, get home real quick and drop your things off and then get to the airport. Fortunately, the trip to Pittsburgh was a quick one, so we're here getting ready for the game.

"I don't do a whole lot during the day before a night game. I watch some movies, walk around the hotel, talk with the guys, study a little bit. We don't do much game preparation for preseason games, nothing like what we do for the regular season.

"I'm sure Jim Johnson will keep it pretty simple. We have a lot of tricks in his bag, but we won't show them in the preseason games. Still, I like preseason games because we get to play against another team. It gives us a chance to see what kind of work we still need to do.

"Training camp was good for the defense. This game will be another test, another chance to see where we are as a defense."

:yay

PhillyGirl

QuoteOfficial Sponsor of Sheldon "Happy Scrappy" Brown

;D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

That is still the worst nickname ever.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

Wait, let me translate that to PGese. That nickname is SO gay. ::)

:P

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: General_Failure on August 14, 2005, 10:59:21 PM
Wait, let me translate that to PGese. That nickname is SO gay. ::)

:P

Still glad you think so.  8)

StevieLeftCollege