Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

hbionic

I hate this thread, because like the Walking Dead posts, you guys have already read the stories and know what to expect and having a conversation with people like you is like meeting every week with my soothsayer and having him repeat what the oracle has already told me.

BTW, that pic is hilarious!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

I think only Dio and I have read the books.

hbionic

Really? Munson and MDS spew like they know everything. I'm scared to read their posts.

Eagles_Legendz

Munson read the first 2 books but not what they're airing now.  Pretty sure it's just Dio and I and you won't be getting any future spoilers from me.

General_Failure

Quote from: hbionic on April 16, 2013, 02:43:03 PM
Really? Munson and MDS spew like they know everything. I'm scared to read their posts.

And that's different from how they act in other threads because

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

hbionic

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 16, 2013, 02:51:52 PM
Munson read the first 2 books but not what they're airing now.  Pretty sure it's just Dio and I and you won't be getting any future spoilers from me.

Thank you Sir Eagles of House Legendz.

Munson

lol thank you for that, GF

Ledgendz is right, chuggy. I've only read the first two books, am forcing myself not to read ahead. I've had some strong hints of things spoiled to me by douchebag friends, but for the most part I'm still innocent. It's hard to avoid spoilers for this show really.

I just like speculating on stuff that may or may not happen. It's like politics, but for even bigger nerds.

Another thing that has semi-spoiled stuff has been reading who was cast as what characters...because now I know what characters we're supposed to meet this season, so it kind of spoils some things that would total surprises otherwise.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

It's like self-circumcision. Why do you do it?

Stop reading spoilers. I would like to discuss this show...because it kicks so much ass...but at the same time...discussions lead to informed-speculation...which kind of ruins it for me. I like to stay raw when it comes to these shows.

That said, my girl think's Stark's wife is a spy, the french nurse. I concur.  :paranoid

Munson

Something is off about all that. I don't like that so many people know she's his wife. They got married in secret, only to end up telling everyone she's Robb's queen? doesn't make much sense.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Yeah, right? How does the bridge king who Rob had promised he would marry a daughter not already know about this?

Eagles_Legendz

Some other topics for discussion (spoiler free) if you're interested:
1) what did Melisandre mean leaving Stannis this week/what is she going to do?
2) Dany's plans?

And I'm hoping with the speed some of the kids are growing on this show, if they do go back to the Vale with Littlefinger and Lysa Arryn, they don't show her son breast feeding again, who is probably like 14 now.

Also, I think with the Tully's being introduced (Catelyn's family), we've now seen all of the main families in Westeros (Arryn, Stark, Tully, Tyrell, Baratheon, Lannister, Greyjoy) with the exception of the Martells in Dorne (furthermost south part of Westeros).  Not a spoiler, but the Martells are the only family who the Targaryen's were unable to conquer when they came to Westeros though they ended up being probably the closest allies the Targaryen's had towards the end.

Robert's Rebellion was the Starks, Baratheons, Tullys, and the Vale (arryn) against Targaryen, Tyrell (Loras & Margaery), & Martell. 

The Lannisters sat out most of the war.  Tywin was the Mad Kings hand and did a good job but quit after Jaime was appointed to the kingsguard because he thought it was an insult (deprived Jaime of inheriting Casterly Rock, the Lannister home because the Kingsguard can't marry or inherit lands).  Tywin's forces showed up after the Targaryens were defeated when Robert killed Dany's brother, Rhaegar, and Maester Pycelle convinced the Mad King to open the gates and the Lannisters turned on them, and of course Aerys was killed by Jaime in the process.

/end nerdpost

hbionic

Nice.

Ok,

1. That redhead is going to go farg the pirate in the ass. She's interesting and mysterious. I had a feeling that she might somehow feel or connect with Kalisee (sp?) and her being the mother of dragons, and all of the fire energy, maybe the redhead is going to try to handle that before it gets out of her control. The only other thing I thought is that she might someone be connected with the Warlock.

2. Dany, I think she'll get the army, confirm they are hers, hand over the chained dragon, and have the dragon burn the farg out of the bald-headed dude. Hell, the dragons may eat them. I think she'll liberate the city, gain more strength in popularity, and suddenly be the head of a bad-ass, killer army. She will free the slaves and protect the future children from being slaughtered. She's like Abe Lincoln except, she has dragons.

Munson

Quote from: hbionic on April 16, 2013, 05:12:00 PM
Yeah, right? How does the bridge king who Rob had promised he would marry a daughter not already know about this?

I would assume he might. He would have to at this point, everyone else seems to know. Though with the army and robb so far South at the moment he probably can't do much about it right now. They are back in Riverrun now though, which is a bit closer to the The Twins than Harrenhall was. But the last thing the North can afford right now is a revolt from within.

Robb needs to figure otu what the farg he's doing down there. Either march on Kings Landing and hope for the best (which would be bad because with the Lannister and Tyrell armies being together, he'd probably be crushed), or just fall back behind Moat Cailin in the Neck and live as an independent nation. Keep armies near the Neck to march and help out Riverrun if/when Joffery/The Lannisters/whoever try to give them trouble.

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 16, 2013, 05:33:49 PM
Some other topics for discussion (spoiler free) if you're interested:
1) what did Melisandre mean leaving Stannis this week/what is she going to do?
2) Dany's plans?

And I'm hoping with the speed some of the kids are growing on this show, if they do go back to the Vale with Littlefinger and Lysa Arryn, they don't show her son breast feeding again, who is probably like 14 now.

Also, I think with the Tully's being introduced (Catelyn's family), we've now seen all of the main families in Westeros (Arryn, Stark, Tully, Tyrell, Baratheon, Lannister, Greyjoy) with the exception of the Martells in Dorne (furthermost south part of Westeros).  Not a spoiler, but the Martells are the only family who the Targaryen's were unable to conquer when they came to Westeros though they ended up being probably the closest allies the Targaryen's had towards the end.

Robert's Rebellion was the Starks, Baratheons, Tullys, and the Vale (arryn) against Targaryen, Tyrell (Loras & Margaery), & Martell. 

/end nerdpost

1. I really have zero clue what's going on there. I was disappointed to hear Stannis say "I want Robb Stark dead"..was really hoping he'd decide to team up with the North eventually. But she's definitely up to no good. I'm with hbionic on this...I have a feeling her religion being the one with the fire god may come into play with Dany and the dragons somehow.

2. Also with hbionic on this. I can't see Dany just giving up one of her dragons like that. This might be the only predictable part of this show haha. I raelly have no idea what her next move is after Astapor though.

Were the Dornish really their allies though? I thought it had more to do with the Mad king not letting Princess Elia go home. Seemed kind of like a begrudging alliance. But they are the southern most kingdom, and Dany is going to be sailing in from the south, so it might make sense taht she lands there and tries to bring them on board. Not sure what that will mean for Princess Marcella.